Dirk's Farewell Sale ANY 4 PLUGINS Made by BX for $49.99

alacantec

19 minutes ago, Leandro Álvarez said:

You are the one saying they work fine

They do not

Your computer meets these specifications and they do not run?  My quesiton to you was a very specific one.  I asked if you were playing in the approved "sandbox" 

Did you prove this to them and request a refund?

Mac

Intel, or Apple Silicon (except for AAX) architecture

2 GB RAM

macOS 12 down to macOS 10.11

Pro Tools 11or higher or a VST*/VST3/AU-compatible 64-bit host

Display resolution of 1440 × 900px or 1280 × 960px or higher

Edited by Brian Walton

42 minutes ago, dubdisciple said:

I also struggle to understand why people get mad at software companies instead of apple when they intentionally flex their power by forcing developers to jump every few months to make plugins compatible. 

Obviously those who bought an ARM based Mac made an informed decision and if anyone was against Apple changing CPU architecture already voted with their feet.

Most developers of all kinds of software ported their software to ARM architecture. A minority of developers are dragging their feet. Strange coincidence that Francisco Partners SoundUltraMegaWide plugin developers are sort of in that minority and they have all that fan base that supports their stubbornness to not port their software to new arch. iZotope needed 18 months to port their most used software to M1.

Edited by Marina
  • Thanks 1

Anyway, sorry to get caught up in the OS fanboy tangent. I use both Mac and windows and have my share of headaches with both.  Back to topic.

For those who are having trouble picking 4, the crispy tuner is a damn good alternative to autotune. It's superior to Antare's stripped down version and imo also on par with and possibly better than Waves variant.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Magic Russ said:

The regular price for their emulation of the Boss DS-1 is $50.  I can get the real thing for $40 on Reverb or $50 new when Guitar Center has a sale.

Vintage DS1 are closer to $300...I hope they didn't emulate a modern one.  

But they have also given away the DS-1 for free more times than I can remember with $20 off no min spend and it being on sale for $10.

I never use the emulations though I grabbed them.  Never cared for the Boss dirt boxes in real life and my boutique Rat sounds way better than an emulated one.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

Yeah, real shady giving customers deep discounts on merchandise in exchange for a sale that went to help the company.  🙄

I'm with you Brian. I never liked the way they structured coupons and discounts so I avoided them mostly - but at the end of the day I bought a lot of plugins and never felt cheated or taken advantage of.

Kudos to him for building a successful company (not an easy task) and making a successful exit (also not an easy task). 👍 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Leandro Álvarez said:

You are the one saying they work fine

They do not

Can you describe what happens when you try to use them? Do they crash the DAW? I don't use a Mac, but I'd like to understand what it is about the plugins that do not work.