Dirk's Farewell Sale ANY 4 PLUGINS Made by BX for $49.99

alacantec

Use code 4BX-4999 during checkout. Your cart must contain exactly 4 plugins from the "Made by BX" category to work.

This voucher code can only be used once (1x) and it expires January 12, 11:59pm PST (California Time).

We will pause all other voucher codes (incl. the monthly loyalty codes) during this sale! This voucher cannot be combined with any other voucher.

Products EXCLUDED from this promotion: SPL PQ, THE OVEN, Looptrotter SA2RATE 2

12 minutes ago, LittleStudios said:

They paused the monthly vouchers even if you aren't trying to use the Dirk Deal.... nice

The only thing of relevance would have been the unfiltered audio sale and everyone had yesterday to jump on that.

Using vouchers on any full price item is a fools game anyway.  

This sale also only lasts a couple days so no big deal.

I won't be buying anything at this tier because I already have everything that would have made this deal "worth it"

But a fine deal for those not very invested in PA already.  Not exactly earth shattering if you already own all the top tier stuff already though.

I’m not as involved on this forum as some others here, but why are people so down on Dirk? While PA’s  constant sale mode (as in the case of Waves) can be pretty annoying, they’ve also released some pretty good plugins, at prices that would have been regarded as steals 5-10 years ago.

• Like 4

I buy Plugin Alliance, but I also am not getting the Dirk love, hate relationship here today???

Oh well, just give me the 4 plugins... 😄

After looking at what I thought I needed to buy,  I decide that I have all of the BX plugins I need.   

I'll pass on this offer.

Edited by jesse g
  • Like 4
  • Great Idea 1

What's not to like about a $12.50 plugin?  I've got the SSL 4000 E, AMEK 9099, Crispytuner & Limiter True Peak in my basket at the moment.

One click away from adding 4 fine products to my growing collection of unused plugins!

• Like 5
  • Great Idea 1
  • Haha 3

IMO PA is a horrible business with an owner with NPD who used to gaslight any forum member who dared to disagree with his “perfection”, PA eventually sold its business to an ever more horrible company that Francisco Partners is. And now there are users brave enough to criticize Mr. Dirk’s attitude to business and I can only agree with them. Be a dirk - own the consequences of being a dirk.

My thumbs down are a sign of (more or less) vocal disagreement with using of sealioning techniques to silence the discontent of PA.

My own criticism of PA comes next:

1. PA’s plugin activation has limitation of number of removals of devices on which plugins are installed encouraging customers to buy additional licenses.

2. Many PA plugins (with only some small exceptions like Neold and Lindell) are badly designed to be aliasing generators and PA doesn’t seem to care about that.

3. Many plugins on PA’s store never get updated (for M1 support, oversampling etc).

4. PA plugins are heavily overpriced outside the promotions. 

I would easily spend my money on other developers who care more about improving the quality of their software and don’t excessively push senseless prices and sales which discourage software developers from innovating.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fwrend said:

What's not to like about a $12.50 plugin?  I've got the SSL 4000 E, AMEK 9099, Crispytuner & Limiter True Peak in my basket at the moment.

One click away from adding 4 fine products to my growing collection of unused plugins!

Amek 9099 I use a lot.  Don't use ssl 4000 anymore.  True Peak limiter gets use just have to be careful setting it up.

Crispy Tuner I have but never used (note I have Melodyne Studio 5 which is crazy expensive).  

I paid $50 for the Amek only because it really can be a core plugin if you want it to be.  Normally I wait for the $15 deals.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Marina said:

IMO PA is a horrible business with an owner with NPD who used to gaslight any forum member who dared to disagree with his “perfection”, PA eventually sold its business to an ever more horrible company that Francisco Partners is. And now there are users brave enough to criticize Mr. Dirk’s attitude to business and I can only agree with them. Be a dirk - own the consequences of being a dirk.

My thumbs down are a sign of (more or less) vocal disagreement with using of sealioning techniques to silence the discontent of PA.

My own criticism of PA comes next:

1. PA’s plugin activation has limitation of number of removals of devices on which plugins are installed encouraging customers to buy additional licenses.

2. Many PA plugins (with only some small exceptions like Neold and Lindell) are badly designed to be aliasing generators and PA doesn’t seem to care about that.

3. Many plugins on PA’s store never get updated (for M1 support, oversampling etc).

4. PA plugins are heavily overpriced outside the promotions. 

I would easily spend my money on other developers who care more about improving the quality of their software and don’t excessively push senseless prices and sales which discourage software developers from innovating.

1). My understanding is they will rest after the 7 if it doesn't looks like you are a legit human and not abusing the system.  Allowing to authorize to 3 USB sticks at the same time opens the door for misuse.  I wish it was unlimited without intervention but think it is still better than the majority.

2). Most people can't even hear it and only know this because the internet tells them this is the case.

3). I'd rather they cater to Windows users who are in fact the vast majority.

4). They have great pricing throughout the year as long as you get in the mailing list.  They offer the exact same plugins as UAD for a tiny fraction of the price in sale. 

Those that fit in your box are the minority, who other than Melda?  

• Like 1