Come On To Me (UPDATED)

Glenn Stanton

so, firstly, get your mind out of the gutter 🙂 

one day i was sitting in my living room playing my acoustic guitar and the electricity went off. i really only noticed because all of the electrical appliances went quiet, which was nice. about 20 minutes later the power kicked back on. and my TV set and cable box turned on without sound. and it was a soap opera channel...

there were two fabulous women on either side of a nicely dressed man, and the brunette was getting all the attention and talking, whilst the blond on the other side was looking for the opportunity to get a word in and get the man's attention. she just had this look on her face like "why aren't you coming on to me since i'm just as, if not more, attractive than the brunette"...

i just started strumming a I - iim vamp and using my Neil Young impression, sang "come on to me" and it made me laugh, so i had to make a song about forlorn attention-getting on a social scene. of course, it could be misinterpreted so a group dance may be, erm, awkward... 🙂 

major update - basically a complete re-do 🙂

Edited by Glenn Stanton
  • Like 5

Its a good song.  Interesting inspiration. Seeking attention is the nature of the beast when it comes to communication.  Can it be blown out of proportion? Absolutely (the brunette ). Ignoring people is also a problem that can get out of hand (the blond). 2 sides of the same coin-communication.

Regarding the break issue you mentioned, relax and think about for awhile. The music is telling you where it wants to go. Don't ignore it. :)

• Like 1

• Glenn Stanton changed the title to Come On To Me (UPDATED)