Outputs 1&2 not come out of Lynx Aurora (n)

AB9

Hi folks;
Since I upgraded - supposedly- to the lastest Cakewalk version - I cannot get anything out of outputs 1&2 of a 24 channel Lyynx Aurora (n).  All the others work.  It is like there is some sort of conflict.  If I am not in Cakewalk - for instance on youtube - sound comes out of 1&2.  I have tried various preference settings.  It is an asio driver interface.  Any thoughts?

Alan...I'm using the Aurora (n) 8.  All good here.

Have you looked at Cakewalk preferences to make sure it knows to use 1&2 as your main output?  Is your master buss assigned accordingly?

I have Cakewalk set to:  Playback Timing Master and Record Timing Master set to Lynx 1&2.

Also, within the ASIO panel (also accessible via Cakewalk preferences), you should be able to turn on and off which channels of the Lynx are available to Cakewalk.  Just have to make sure that 1&2 are checked off.  Then, hopefully, you'll be able to get your mains pointed in the right direction.

After trying many options, I deleted windows audio as a startup option, and 1&2 did work on my Lynx output.  But then my motu midi device would not show up.  So I restored the windows audio as a startup app.  Now it all works.  Have no idea why but I am not complaining! ":) 

This all may be a fluke!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Noel Borthwick said:

You should always use ASIO mode with pro audio interfaces. In ASIO mode you can only use one audio interface at a time but you can still freely switch between them in preferences.

Noel - I also turned off the MS Wavetable device.  Could that have been the conflict?  Other than that, I can only figure that somehow some other device was running the background, and by some miracle it got removed.

P.S. I love Cakewalk after 20 plus years!  Thank for all you do!

Edited by Alan Bachman

I ticked on the MS wavetable synth in midi out and sure enough it disengaged outputs 1 & 2 in my DAW.  But simple fix, I unticked it again, and it works.

What probably happened is when I updated to the latest version of Cakewalk, MS wavetable synth must have been engaged again by default.  At least I think this is what it is about. 

Fortunately, I could care less about MS wavetable synth.  I plan to report this to Lynx so they can see about updating their driver.  Though I am running Windows 10 and maybe Windows 11 does not have this issue.

Thank you. 

Edited by Alan Bachman

Interesting. The wavetable synth from Microsoft internally outputs to the default audio output. So if Windows is using your Lynx its likely blocking the device.
I've never seen this happen with other audio devices so you should report that to Lynx. I would expect the driver to share the audio device with both Windows and the ASIO driver client.

But yeah disable the wavetable synth. It's a piece of junk that dates back to the 90's  :)

Here is an article on how to disable it in Windows.
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/completely-disabling-ms-gs-wavetable-synth/5b2297a5-0904-4340-bdbb-ce528b3068c5

Maybe we should block it in Cakewalk itself by default...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

Interesting. The wavetable synth from Microsoft internally outputs to the default audio output. So if Windows is using your Lynx its likely blocking the device.
I've never seen this happen with other audio devices so you should report that to Lynx. I would expect the driver to share the audio device with both Windows and the ASIO driver client.

But yeah disable the wavetable synth. It's a piece of junk that dates back to the 90's  :)

Here is an article on how to disable it in Windows.
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/completely-disabling-ms-gs-wavetable-synth/5b2297a5-0904-4340-bdbb-ce528b3068c5

Maybe we should block it in Cakewalk itself by default...

This doesn't seem to suppress it appearing in Cakewalk (or SONAR Platinum for that matter - I checked to make sure).