Ezdrummer 3 midi not working with cakewalk

I searched the forum and could not find anything, so hopefully someone might have an answer. My next step is to contact toontrack. I've been having an issue for about a month now where I cannot get ezd3 to playback any midi in cakewalk. So for example, I insert ezd3 into cakewalk, drag some midi from ezd3 to the track in cakewalk and have no audio. The meters arnt even moving. However any other midi instrument I have in cakewalk works without issue. I can insert ezd2 in cakewalk and have audio without issues. I should also note that since ezd3 was released, I've had issues with it in cakewalk, not to this degree though. I'm thinking this is a software issue with ezd3 but 🤷

Make sure you have checked for updates to EZD3.  There were some issues with the initial release but Toontrack did an update fairly quickly that addressed them.  Latest version is 3.0.5.   Second, are you adding EZD3 as a simple instrument track or as an Instrument Track per Output with a MIDI source track? 

Edited by Ron Caird
clarify information

Figured it out. Somehow I had the wrong channel set inside of ezd3. It wasn't set to "any" in the settings. However, I'm having an issue where anytime I edit a midi file in ezd3, I lose all the cymbals. I've had this issue since ezd3 came out. Even if I turn the cymbals all the way up, they're still not there, even though the midi is showing in the piano roll 🤷