[ SOLVED ] - How to record MIDI arp realtime

sadicus

There is a way to convert the two notes into the arp pattern but don't remember how.

midi track arp=on
record> arp is playing realtime and sounds as expected but only recording the two pressed keys midi, not recording the actual arp sequence.
I thought "bounce to clip would convert the midi notes into the actual arp sequence, but it's not.

the notes on the left are the keys being pressed triggering the arp. The note pattern on the right is drawn in just to show the arp pattern.
When recording and the keys are pressed I want the midi arp pattern I hear, to record.

CBB_recordArp_RealTime.jpg

Edited by sadicus

Scook "After recording the MIDI track, then bounce the MIDI clips (Track view Clips menu) to render the arp pattern as MIDI.
It has nothing to do with bouncing the MIDI track to audio."

...yep it works sometimes.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, msmcleod said:

As far as I know, the only thing that will save patterns into arp files is Project 5, which is sadly discontinued.

Yeah tell me about it ....I still miss P 5

All the arp patterns that came w P 5 are included in SONAR / Cakewalk ....they have been for a while ...

TxKfmLw.jpg

They show up both as midi files and pattern files

XAYuGvN.jpg

it is true you may not be able to save them as pattern file ..you can save them as midi files .

It has been a while since I have recorded the arp patterns in real time so my info may be rusty ...

what I used to do was set up a synth and then play the synth w the midi track section enabled ...then I would send that out to another midi track to record the arp affected midi as it was rendered  ...rust like I said but i did end up with a usable midi file w arp to ue any way I wanted .

kVVYZhd.jpg

any way I do not know if I'm helping any 🤣 if I'm not helping any , I'm sure scook will show up pretty soon and correct my misguided misinformation 

Kenny

• Like 1

On 7/26/2019 at 3:35 PM, sadicus said:

Trying to get Vocalizer Pro, to 'record what you hear' The VST is  working as expected but yet to figure out how to record just the effect.

Not really a MIDI recording question, but here's a quick answer.

Vocalizer Pro outputs audio, not MIDI. So it is just an effect processor that processes an input audio signal, and outputs an effected audio signal. The MIDI input is used to modulate the effect.

A quick way to record the effect output in Cakewalk would be to insert an Aux Track  (right click on the audio track with the Vocalizer plugin in the FX bin, select "Insert Send > New Aux Track".

Arm the Aux Track for record, and record your Vocalizer Pro  performance there.

If you are playing the effect "live" you could also capture the MIDI performance on the MIDI track that your controller is connected to, by arming that for record. But If you are entering the MIDI part by hand on the piano roll editor, or using a pre-recorded MIDI clip, that wouldn't be necessary.

Edited by abacab