Saturday Night

bjornpdx

Saturday night

An original (I hope) melody I came up with. Kind of a 50s/60s feel to it.
I really like Bolder Sounds fiddle which I thought complemented the guitar well.
Thanks for listening/commenting.

I used midjourney to create the image on Sound Cloud.

Hmm seems like the bass isn't loud enough, now that I've already posted it.

Edit:  I remixed the song with more bass.

Ilya Efimov acoustic and electic gtr
NI Picked acoustic
RealGuitar
Bolder sounds fiddle
Trillian
Addictive Drums

Edited by bjornpdx
Remix
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The effects on the guitar are lovely! The whole thing harkens back to a simpler time. I listened on decent headphones, and the mix was clean and clear, I could hear everything just fine.

I started wondering how the song might change if the bass notes sustained throughout most of the measure, instead of truncating halfway through the measure. Or if there were more going on with bass fills or drum fills occasionally? But that might evict us from the 1949 feel.

I'd also vote for a tad more reverb or thickening delay on the fiddle.

A very pleasant offering, to be sure, thanks!

cheers,

-Tom

• Like 1

Hi Bjorn . . . great piece, it has a certain nostalgia I can't quite place in time, very calming and pleasant to listen to. The drums entry seems very sudden / loud at the opening ? I did find the fiddle quite stark in the recording, compared to the verby guitars . . . the sound fits the piece very well, with a cool melody and feeling, but sounds like it could be brought back into the ambience some, to fit into the mix of it all. Really enjoyed this one !

• Like 1

On 1/8/2023 at 1:47 AM, bjornpdx said:

Saturday night

An original (I hope) melody I came up with. Kind of a 50s/60s feel to it.
I really like Bolder Sounds fiddle which I thought complemented the guitar well.
Thanks for listening/commenting.

I used midjourney to create the image on Sound Cloud.

Hmm seems like the bass isn't loud enough, now that I've already posted it.

Edit:  I remixed the song with more bass.

Ilya Efimov acoustic and electic gtr
NI Picked acoustic
RealGuitar
Bolder sounds fiddle
Trillian
Addictive Drums

I listened to this the other day, but I was feeling so under the weather I didn't comment.  The art work looks like Norman Rockwell.  The tune is rather simple.  Nothing too complex.  A bit too long. 0:20 something went briefly out of time.  There are 2 things I envy in this. The acoustic guitar tone and that snare tone.  Both of which I have been recently battling with.  Which AD drum snare did you use for this?

Dean  

• Like 1