Visuals (meters) and Sounds Out of Sync

Scott Kendrick

Question

In one of my projects my visuals and sounds are out of sync. Visuals being like EQ meters etc... the meter shows the kick drum hitting then maybe a quarter second later I hear it. I'm using ASIO with my Scarlett 2i2, I've tried playing with the buffer size... wehther 5 or 10 msec, no difference. Normally I mix around 10-12 msec and don't have an issue.

Any suggestions?

7 answers to this question

maybe... but it's the sound that's delayed, not the visual. everything else is in normal time - e.g. like my mouse clicks, and I need to double check, but pretty sure the meters on console are in sync, it's just every plugin. I'll check for video driver updates. I first noticed this with Melodyne where the sound was well behind the cursor.

while I have used a bluetooth headset - this is wired connection for both monitors and cans directly to my audio interface.

@Kevin Perry - I have a feeling it is one plugin because it just appeared on this project. Do you think if I just disable the FX, it should fix it for all (as a way of testing, instead of removing the plugin entirely)? I'll start doing some testing - and think about the new plugins I've added - some Izotope, melodyne, come to mind.

18 hours ago, Scott Kendrick said:

while I have used a bluetooth headset - this is wired connection for both monitors and cans directly to my audio interface.

@Kevin Perry - I have a feeling it is one plugin because it just appeared on this project. Do you think if I just disable the FX, it should fix it for all (as a way of testing, instead of removing the plugin entirely)? I'll start doing some testing - and think about the new plugins I've added - some Izotope, melodyne, come to mind.

Yep.  That should show it up.  Also, or alternatively, you could temporarily disable PDC globally which should indicate the same, I think.