ANA 2 65% off

cclarry

7 hours ago, Zo said:

Fleer , hit me in case you re sale Hive (if you don't need it) 

Studiying HS patches is a must , this gent is just a genius ....just discovered how to make a flute with white noise and a dissonant filter ...lol

I met him at the Frankfurt MusikMesse a few years back. Such a sweet man. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Fleer said:

Just out, this vid by the infamous Woody Piano Shack on Hive 2 and Howard Scarr patches in particular:

I am - for shame - just now discovering the u-he synths and a lot of "HS" presets immediately stand out. Man's very clearly a genius, and I don't throw that term around loosely.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jan Schmitz said:

I am - for shame - just now discovering the u-he synths and a lot of "HS" presets immediately stand out. Man's very clearly a genius, and I don't throw that term around loosely.

They're  not all usuable in production per say , but may he goes deep in programing ...specially in the sequencing and mouvements .... to study for sure , this one area i'm not that confortable on the way UHE  does it ....

IMHO where Hive shines is its Producer oriented aspect , this direct to the sound vibes with ALWAYS great results ....i wasn't paying attentionn to it thinking it's like the Xfer one but it s not knowing uhe and Urs lol 

@Fleer  lol i'm gonna call ya Google F lol  you have a video for any of our discussion lol

I love this guyz playing , such cool dude , i like also Kukos always fun to watch him , Nutrix the synth guyz , of course Loopop for hw reviews ect ...

There's such a quality in this Hive that i don't find in other wavetables stuff ....

Edited by Zo
  • Like 1

@Fleer  here's another presete for Hive , i used 2 things to treak what i needed :

1) to simultae rotary speaker i modulated filters but with one lfo phased and the other normal witch create this altearnate mouvement 

2) The function was used as (in roland) when key off it opens filter ...

Energy 2.h2p

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Fleer said:

You’re on a roll, Zo 😎

This is simply how i test synths ... cheking presets quality during production (witch is the case here ) and then doing my own ... again i don t know why but results are better than pigments , but to be fair , pigments demo avoid me to spend more than 20 minuts on it and save presets ...super frustrating in fact , this might play ..

what really suprised me is that i was expecting cold wavetable sound from hive and it s always analog no matter what i do even when i go full wave tables fm ...

Sounds like a zebra made easier to me .... 

Yup. After I talked to Howard Scarr I bought Hive for the first time but found it too cold and sold it. Bought it a second time a year or two later but still too cold IMO. Bought it a third time now and, lo and behold, it’s a whole new (and warm) cuppa. 

• Haha 1

On 1/7/2023 at 9:39 PM, Fleer said:

I’ve still got to see how Repro plays out. Thinking I’ll love Repro-1 the most, as it’s pretty different from Arturia’s new Prophet version and my sweet Sequential Take 5. 

I've got both the new Arturia Prophet-5 V and u-he Repro 1/5. The new Arturia Prophet isn't bad sounding, but...

Repro blows the Arturia Prophet away, IMO! It's got more analog soul! And not just due to the Howard Scarr patches, although those are awesome. Hard to put my finger on, but it sounds much more organic. :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Doug Rintoul said:

Talk about an off topic thread. 4 Posts about Ana 2.0 and all the rest about u-He and Arturia synths.  You guys have outdone yourselves here.😄🤪

The while web is a coffee house for our old *****.... lol just ordered Hive , @Fleer  nothing in native access  ...hos is it supoosed to be deliveredd ?

Nvm got it via email ///// it's not in the center and that's a good thing lol 

Serial delivered , c oool we can even try for several day again and if not happy resale this 

Edited by Zo
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, abacab said:

Next up u-he synth for me will be the Zebra Legacy. :)

Not in a hurry though, as I currently have a lot of other stuff to sink my teeth into before I tackle that one, LOL!!!

For what's worth zebra is a beast , but more for sound design while Hive is the equivalent for producer imho ... i would say the same for Diva versus Repro  ....

i'm buying Hive and Repro as a owner of Diva and Zebra for that exact reason , more direct  .... waiting patiently for Zebra 3 , it hink it gonna be either too much or simplier ... 

5 minutes ago, Zo said:

i'm buying Hive and Repro as a owner of Diva and Zebra for that exact reason , more direct  .... waiting patiently for Zebra 3 , it hink it gonna be either too much or simplier ... 

I think it's the "feeling" I get when playing Repro is that it just connects. It sounds like a real instrument, or something like that! ;)

31 minutes ago, abacab said:

I think it's the "feeling" I get when playing Repro is that it just connects. It sounds like a real instrument, or something like that! ;)

100 % not only it sounds better than diva imho , but when you tweak it sounds always good , there's not weak spot like on hW when you go from one sound to a toatlly new one in few moves  ..... that said what they emulated is imho simply one of the best if not the best monosynth and polysynth in the world .... i do think it eats a moog for lunch (Pro one HW)  but it's a question of taste ....

Just now, abacab said:

For the Moog, Roland, Oberheim, etc. sounds, stick to Diva! ;)

For Roland i'll stick with roland lol as for the moog i'll happily sell you my softube version, not because it sounds bad (sounds superb) it's just moog sound i don't reach for it (the mini) ....

Just bougth Xils Poly M and it's superb , this is the moog sound for me lol (this and the taurus lol)

2 minutes ago, Zo said:

For Roland i'll stick with roland lol as for the moog i'll happily sell you my softube version, not because it sounds bad (sounds superb) it's just moog sound i don't reach for it (the mini) ....

Just bougth Xils Poly M and it's superb , this is the moog sound for me lol (this and the taurus lol)

I just said that because apparently Urs modeled the various oscillators and filters available in Diva based on those classic synths. While saving the Prophet for Repro!!! :)