Sweet Afton

bjornpdx

Sweet Afton

https://soundcloud.com/orygun/sweet-afton

I wrote this a couple of years ago to accompany a video about a trip to Scotland that I did in 2012. What better source of inspiration than to look up some Robert Burns poetry? This song is inspired by one of those poems, Sweet Afton written in 1791. The lyrics are on Soundcloud if you want to sing along.

• Like 1

Pretty tune Bjorn, flows along very nicely.  These aren't real acoustics are they? The underlying fingerpicked one is very realistic, the one playing the melody creeps into 'harp' territory at times. Doesn't really detract though.

• Like 1

Thanks all for the comments.
James, this is the original project I did a couple of years ago. The fingerpicking track is RealGuitar and the melody is Ilya Efimov acoustic gtr. I just played in the melody via keyboard followed by some midi editing. I really wanted to redo the melody part using a real guitar, but I had a bunch of problems recording it so I just left it as is. I'd rather spend the time on my newer projects.

• 4 months later...

This is just beautiful, I have been to Scotland as a kid ...brings good mems back.  This is a song that I'd love to do as I've never come across it before ..  (BTW it's great to have Bill back for comments)

Thanks Bjorn great work!

Steve

• Like 1

I missed this this first time, but I'm glad I caught up with it.  I'm always impressed with your versatility, and this is no exception.  As stated above, this fits nicely with the Burns poetry.  It has the same calming effect that some of your other songs have.  Two thumbs up on this gem!

• Like 1