The End of Flintpope

cclarry

I have hung up my music hat for good now and moved over to visual art completely. I will be deleting all my music work offline sooner than later so if you want to get a free (or donationware) Ableton, Native Instruments, Arturia or Kilohearts pack, preset or instrument from the Flintpope Music Shop please do so asap!

https://bit.ly/FlintpopeMusicShop

P.S. Someone will say why not leave them online? I will say why? They are slipping into the out-of-date, behind the times zone soon and I have lost interest in the complex process of producing these items, promoting them and then receiving very little in return. I can make a piece of art in a shorter time, enjoy its production infinitely more and make a reasonable profit from the process.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

8 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

I have thought of going visual, too, due to hearing issues.

My heart goes out to you. 

I have hearing and physical challenges (the latter stopping me from playing professionally many years ago, the former really only matters when mixing), so I can relate and want to encourage you in your artistic output however you express it. The older I get, the more I realize the value of having an artistic outlet for expression, especially after one develops skills in a certain area. 

• Thanks 1

I looked at Flintpopes's offerings.  I saw a lot of Kontakt (Full required) which I don't have, but he did have 3 mini Pigments 3.5 Packs for a total of 26 presets.  I have 4.0 so only 3 of the presets use samples I don't have--two use Amethyst samples and one uses an Onyx sample.  One layer on all 3 still works and I can tweak it to replace the sample I don't have.   I'd classify them as ambient / experiments.  I can use them for projects.  Zip files with a *.pgtx file each, easily imported. 

Re: Hearing Issue: I can hear them below about 3 KHz. If there are any high pitches, I'd have to wait for one of my kids to walk in cover their ears and say "WHAT IS THAT LOUD HIGH PITCH SOUND?!!"  True story, that happened a few days ago when I was auditioning a patch.  Yes, I know, I can also use a spectrum analyzer.  I should probably have that on all the time anyway.

Anyhow, I wanted to update this thread re: the Pigments packs in case others can use them.  My PC did not find anything  malicious about the 3 zip files of the pgtx files.

Thanks for the link.

Edited by User 905133
added "26" in; had to count them and forgot to put the number in before hitting sunbmit.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1