Please Support My New YouTube Channel!

Reid Rosefelt

5 minutes ago, hockeyjx said:

Philosophically, I think there are too many things that NEED to be tactile. And we've seen things like phones and compact discs made smaller, and never gain traction because people wanted more to hold on to. There are certain things I need the genuine article for (ocean water and the sensations scuba diving provides, the smell of trees in the mountains, the look and smell of a firepit, etc). I get SOME things can be replicated, but not quality enough for me - and probably not in our lifetime where it takes over.

Also, in full disclosure, I get motion sick on the Oculus 🤪

Even in "Ready Player One," the hero says that people need to take bathroom breaks, eat and sleep.  To say the least.   I seriously doubt that many people will use it for more than an hour a day.  The majority of people will never use it, at least for a long time.  Everybody will continue to live their lives in the real world and use the devices that make sense.  Nobody is going on the subway in immersive VR.

It's not about how long people use it.  It's the impact the time in the Metaverse has on people when they come back to the real world.  it's the impact that the Metaverse economy will have on the real economy.  My parents never used a computer or had smart phones, but their lives were changed a lot by the fact that others did.

And I need to say what I will say a lot in the channel.  There is no guarantee this thing is going to happen, despite how many trillions are spent trying to make it happen.

Edited by Reid Rosefelt
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

Even in "Ready Player One," the hero says that people need to take bathroom breaks, eat and sleep.  To say the least.   I seriously doubt that many people will use it for more than an hour a day.  The majority of people will never use it, at least for a long time.  Everybody will continue to live their lives in the real world and use the devices that make sense.  Nobody is going on the subway in immersive VR.

It's not about how long people use it.  It's the impact the time in the Metaverse has on people when they come back to the real world.  it's the impact that the Metaverse economy will have on the real economy.  My parents never used a computer or had smart phones, but their lives were changed a lot by the fact that others did.

And I need to say what I will say a lot in the channel.  There is no guarantee this thing is going to happen, despite how many trillions are spent trying to make it happen.

I agree. 

• Like 1

People on Reddit really slammed my video but I got a really good quote from a guy:

“If you take a shit in the Metaverse, it will turn up in your pants.”
Weird-Breakfast-7259, Reddit

I plan to use this wonderful quote in my third video: "Why You Can't Live in the Metaverse." 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I subscribed but I still don't understand why you keep committing to a single-platform strategy. Isn't it preferable to diversify a little so that if things go sour you have alternatives?  And being able to monetize from the beginning without min 1000 subscribers can be an advantage, e.g., on Odysee

https://odysee.com/@OregonPacifist:0/youtube-vs.-odysee-earnings-comparison:2

And there is also Rumble, without min # of subscribers

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann said:

I subscribed but I still don't understand why you keep committing to a single-platform strategy. Isn't it preferable to diversify a little so that if things go sour you have alternatives?  And being able to monetize from the beginning without min 1000 subscribers can be an advantage, e.g., on Odysee

https://odysee.com/@OregonPacifist:0/youtube-vs.-odysee-earnings-comparison:2

And there is also Rumble, without min # of subscribers

This!

Every good channel I watch (i.e., those that don't follow the official narrative) are now on Rumble.

5 hours ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

If I do get some time I will try to post this one to Rumble.

Well said Reid!

Most social media and forums today are toxic in this regard. IMO, only serious censorship could effectively wrangle human nature's worst expressions. That's a mostly cynical attitude and I would be happy to be wrong, but I'm not seeing self-control take the lead over blatant self-expression anytime soon!

Slightly off-topic, but have you noticed that you rarely see bathroom graffiti anymore? I believe that the internet & metaverse have become the new bathroom wall for morons to anonymously scribble on... 🙄

• Haha 1

I just found out I have been permanently banned from the Metaverse forum on Reddit because of this video.  Too bad.  It's a great forum.

You can say ***** on network TV, but not apparently on Reddit.

You can't say it here either. 

Edited by Reid Rosefelt
  • Sad 2