Now Slider Doesn't Move

Johnbee58

Current project-

Now slider and the little white line to mark where you are in the timeline doesn't move.  The project plays but I can't navigate to where I need to be at a certain time.  Didn't happen yesterday when I was working on it.  Also, doesn't affect any other past projects or newly created one.  It seems to be specific to this current project only.

Thanks in advance for help.

🙂John B.

1 minute ago, John said:

Did you hit scroll lock by mistake?

Could be.  But the alpha numeric keyboard I use doesn't indicate which one is the scroll lock.  Also, the "now slide"r DOES move.  It's just the little navigation white line I'm missing.

🙂JB

1 minute ago, Johnbee58 said:

Could be.  But the alpha numeric keyboard I use doesn't indicate which one is the scroll lock.  Also, the "now slide"r DOES move.  It's just the little navigation white line I'm missing.

🙂JB

I'm not sure what you are talking about.  The Now Time is the line that scrolls across the screen showing where the song is at any giving time when you hit play. There is also Aim Assist that helps one line up clips . It is toggled by hitting X. 

The Time ruler
The Time ruler appears in the Track view, Tempo view, Staff view and Piano Roll view. It has several functions,
including:
 Making a time selection. The Time ruler follows the Snap to Grid settings, if enabled.
 Changing the Now time
 Adding loop, punch, and pitch markers. You can right-click in the Time ruler to add markers.
Zooming and scrolling. Point the mouse pointer at the top half of the Clips pane or Piano Roll view Time
Ruler until the mouse pointer looks like , then drag up/down to zoom horizontally, or left/right to scroll. For
details, see “Zooming and scrolling in the Time Ruler” on page 162.

In the Track view and Piano Roll view, the Time ruler has the following time display options or formats:
 Measures, Beats and Ticks (M:B:T)
 Hours, Minutes, Seconds and Frames (H:M:S:F—also called SMPTE)
 Samples
 Milliseconds

18 minutes ago, John said:

The Time ruler
The Time ruler appears in the Track view, Tempo view, Staff view and Piano Roll view. It has several functions,
including:
 Making a time selection. The Time ruler follows the Snap to Grid settings, if enabled.
 Changing the Now time
 Adding loop, punch, and pitch markers. You can right-click in the Time ruler to add markers.
Zooming and scrolling. Point the mouse pointer at the top half of the Clips pane or Piano Roll view Time
Ruler until the mouse pointer looks like , then drag up/down to zoom horizontally, or left/right to scroll. For
details, see “Zooming and scrolling in the Time Ruler” on page 162.

In the Track view and Piano Roll view, the Time ruler has the following time display options or formats:
 Measures, Beats and Ticks (M:B:T)
 Hours, Minutes, Seconds and Frames (H:M:S:F—also called SMPTE)
 Samples
 Milliseconds

Yeah.  That sounds right.  Apparently it's disabled in my project.  Can you please tell me how to enable it.

Thanks

🙂