guns of navarone rough demo

Paul Bush

Hey Paul . . . great to hear you're still rocking the air waves here ! Sounds like this will be another good song by the end of your process. I really hear some very clever lyric phrases throughout this, though, I can't totally discern all of the lyric quite yet., but get your sense of social commentary.  3:47 . . . still time to fit in a solo guitar ? I'll be listening in here.

• Like 1

Hi Paul - you've got a good one here, like it a lot

Definitely reminds me a bit of a Nick Lowe / Brinsley Schwarz track, which is a VERY good thing.

The vocals are good but just a little indistinct - they really could be brought forward a bit i think.

Really like this

Cool

Nigel

• Like 1

this is very good

just a little bit hot

this is very good

I think you could pull everything back just a little

\nick lowe for sure, but not really, because it is paul bush

a little bit to much candy

but this is a great tune

love it

do you have more?

we can be just who we want!!!!!

• Like 1

Thanks for the comments and encouragement guys , I´m at the fun point of just adding some  guitar fills , bits of vocals, percussion I´m  just trying to get everthing nice a sepereate and not too over complicated ...... i´ll not listen to it for a bit, so as to clear my head and my rose tinted headphones ..cheers P

• Like 1

I always like the social commentaries in your lyrics and your voice is just right expressing them.
There are a couple of timing issues and some of the lyrics  weren't distinct enough to come across well, at least to my ears.
But very promising overall.
-Bjorn

• Like 1

I feel like the mix needs to catch up with the performances, only because the energy of the performances are at a really high level.  This is a great song, reminded me of the almighty Elvis Costello in the lyrics dept.  Keep it going, bring this one home!

Some drum fill timing issues perhaps? You are going to have so much fun I bet in the final stages. I'm looking forward to hearing the results!

cheers,

-Tom

• Like 1

Well many many thanks for the encouraging comments guy`s ,Nick Lowe, Elvis costello wow  all the names you mentioned are really hero´s of mine I think because i´m a 70`s - 80`s  kind -a guy thats the way i write , after all these years I´m still thrashing about, I played in my first a band at 18 and wrote all the songs untill it disolved , then i had a maybe 14 years where i was too busy traveling working around Europe, I then started up again about 10 years ago hobbying but since downloading cakewalk about three yeras ago i seem to be having more fun than ever mainly due to the encouragement from this forum ..so its all your fault ! cheers everyone  the master mix will soon be finished.  Paul B