editing clips screwed up

ckacres

I was working on a song and moving clips around. Everything was great until one point in the evening after about 8 hours work when I copied and tried to move clips I found other clips slipping around with another tracks edit. It became impossible to work because I tried to edit one track and others were being affected. It was a lot of work and Cakewalk has become so problematic for me that it could never be used in a commercial realm. Imagine working on a customer's hard work only to have one of many Cakewalks fails popping up and costing both time and money. The songs tracks have become so out of sort I don't know where to begin to put it back together. very frustrating and beyond.

29 minutes ago, ckacres said:

Thanks, I will check my settings.  I almost went to the top of the house for a good old swan dive last night. LOL I appreciate your help.

Im going to be totally honest with you @ckacres ......I've done it before too :). I forgot to turn it off and within a few minutes my project was deep sixed (Thank god for Undo).

Cakewalk added a Ripple edit indicator light as part of an update/new feature several months ago. Because users were forgetting to turn it off.  So you and I are not alone 9_9. A lot of us have done it.