Midi and audio sync is off only while recording

Paul Ertel

I recorded 2 drum tracks on Cakewalk by Bandlab, I then recorded 2 audio tracks. I then tried to record an additional audio track and when I start the record process the audio, click, and midi are not syncing. I then put these tracks into a different new project and it worked initially but when I went to start a new audio recording it does not sync during the recording process. It also does not sync if I am trying to record a midi track. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thank you in advance. -Paul

For Cakewalk to record in sync, it needs a reliable clock.

The most reliable clock is the one from your audio interface, so make sure...

1.  Before you start recording MIDI, make sure you have at least one audio track or instrument track in your project - it's fine if it's and empty track.  As long as there is an audio track, the audio engine will be engaged and Cakewalk can get its timing from this.

2.  Your record/playback timers are set to the correct audio device in preferences:

image.png.21e97205e580556ee1a0b0c445c7e1af.png

3. Your project clock is set to Audio:

image.png.59bcb58c24a6eafdd9436e05c5b881a5.png

• Like 2

Another thing to check is what plugins you are using. Delay compensation may not be accurate depending on what FX are active. When recording audio tracks into a fairly robust mix, it is often best to globally bypass FX (E hotkey) during tracking and only use FX during the mixing phase. Check and see if the E hotkey (Global FX bypass) helps your situation.