Missing Audio Drivers

I got the Focusrite 4i4 recently, and noticed a big (over 10ms) latency lag when recording.  After trying it with Realband and Cakewalk Professional, neither of which had lags or latency higher than 2ms, I realized it must be the Bandlab setup. 

I noticed a few things:

1. Cakewalk Pro showed a LOT more drivers available than Bandlab.  

2. The Focusrite drivers had different names. 

I have no idea why this is happening, but it is quite frustrating.  I've attached a Word document with screenshots of Bandlab and Cakewalk Pro.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

- Russ

Cakewalk Pro and Bandlab audio devices.docx

I've tried that via the Focusrite app.  I reduced it to 128, 96,  and even 64.  It made absolutely no difference in Bandlab, which kept the same buffer size and WILL NOT LET ME EDIT IT.  

As I mentioned, it doesn't even show options for other audio devices.  I have Asio4All, but it's not listed, Nor is Magix Zero Latency driver.  I don't use either, although I did in the past, but I see they are still listed in other programs such as Sonar Pro and Platinum, Realband, etc.  

So this is specifically a Bandlab Cakewalk issue, as the other programs have no latency issues.

I appreciate your  suggestion, and if you have any others I would very much like to hear them.

- Russ

Ok Russ, So I looked at your screen shots again a little closer... It appears that you have your Driver Mode set to WASAPI Shared... You need to set it to ASIO in Preferences... That is why you can't set the ASIO buffer...

Preferences -> Audio - Playback and Recording

Under Preferences -> Audio - Driver Settings you should see "ASIO Panel" and not "Wave Profiler"...

And I agree with Byron, you need to uninstall the generic Asio Drivers...

• Like 1

Thanks to both Byron Dickens and SirWillyDS12.  I uninstalled ASIO4ALL (which didn't actually help, but Bandlab tech support said it could cause issues down the road).  The big one:

The  WASAPI Shared, which I thought was a Focusrite driver mode (because I hadn't seen it listed prior to installing Focusrite).  I changed it to ASIO, and my latency immediately went to 2.9 ms.  

So it's all good.  I don't know why I never saw WASAPI before, but I looked it up and it isn't from Focusrite.  But I think it was causing all the trouble, after everything else got adjusted.  

Thanks for your help!  Now to get busy playing catchup!

- Russ