[SOLVED] Sonarworks SoundID asio device

mostaf asitem

Hello friends, I'm new to Cakewalk. I have quite some knowledge about producing, mixing and mastering with Reason 12. I would like to work with cakewalk now.

I use SoundID from Sonarworks to calibrate my sound. SoundID has the ability to create an output specifically for DAWs.In the audio options of the DAW you can choose SoundID asio device. That way, both your headphones and your speakers are calibrated . I could easily do that within Reason. Cakewalk doesn't work for me. In the Audio settings I see the inputs and outputs of sonarworks asio, but they are greyed out. So I can't choose them unfortunately. That means I can't use sonarworks calibration with Cakewalk the way I want. And yes, there is also a plugin that you can insert into the master bus , but I don't find that very useful and sometimes causes problems.

Anyone recognize this? And does anyone know how I can choose the sonarworks asio driver as input and output? I would like that very much.

Edited by mostaf asitem

• 2 months later...
On 1/1/2023 at 8:06 AM, scook said:

The DAW restricts ASIO mode to one driver at time. Once an ASIO audio driver input or output selection is made in CbB preferences the other drivers are disabled.

To change ASIO drivers in CbB,

• deselect both existing input and output preferences
  • make a new selection

Thank you! (Sonarworks was not "seeing" the activity from Cakewalk - and deselecting inputs AND outputs, then choosing the right ones including SoundID, did the trick). No idea why it just changed itself after a year or so...