Reproducible bug: Synth automation not automatically visible

GreenLight

On 1/7/2023 at 12:41 AM, sjoens said:

... as per my link. :D

Just one more feature that requires a google search to figure out.

Heh, I'm sorry, I reacted to the words "How do I get it back... please! 😠" in your post... and thought you needed a little pointer. But you did post a link to the solution on the row below... which confused me, but I thought you were confused. 😵

Anyway. 😊

By the way, how do you guys do your VST instrument automation? Are you all using Simple Instrument Tracks and were unaffected by this bug? Or do constantly just live with the Insert Synth popup dialog? Or do you always go to the Synth Rack and manually configure the automation track? Or do you just use MIDI CCs?

4 hours ago, GreenLight said:

Heh, I'm sorry, I reacted to the words "How do I get it back... please! 😠" in your post... and thought you needed a little pointer. But you did post a link to the solution on the row below... which confused me, but I thought you were confused. 😵

Anyway. 😊

By the way, how do you guys do your VST instrument automation? Are you all using Simple Instrument Tracks and were unaffected by this bug? Or do constantly just live with the Insert Synth popup dialog? Or do you always go to the Synth Rack and manually configure the automation track? Or do you just use MIDI CCs?

Personally, I never noticed it because I always have the dialog set to show.  I almost always either use Simple Instrument Tracks, or more often Per Output Instrument tracks, but since I normally want to set the number of tracks for per-output instrument tracks, I have the dialog showing.  The extra "click OK" step never bothers me.

11 hours ago, GreenLight said:

But you did post a link to the solution on the row below... which confused me, but I thought you were confused. 😵

I'm always confused!

I typed the question knowing others would also have it, then answered it with the link after googling.

I never use Simple Instrument tracks but do use cc's and automation, sometime together.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, sjoens said:

I'm always confused!

I typed the question knowing others would also have it, then answered it with the link after googling.

I never use Simple Instrument tracks but do use cc's and automation, sometime together.

Ah, that explains it. Who isn't confused? 😁

About Simple Instrument Tracks - good to hear I'm not alone. 👍

7 hours ago, msmcleod said:

Personally, I never noticed it because I always have the dialog set to show.  I almost always either use Simple Instrument Tracks, or more often Per Output Instrument tracks, but since I normally want to set the number of tracks for per-output instrument tracks, I have the dialog showing.  The extra "click OK" step never bothers me.

Ah, I understand. I've always thought it seems messy with midi & audio automation on the same track, but the upside is of course less track clutter... I will give it another chance.

Btw, I was really impressed with your quick work on this bugfix! How many staffers are you who actively work with Cakewalk development, and do you all have specific areas that you work with?