Please help!

At The Turn

Question

Hey everyone! Just started using cakewalk after using bandlab for quite sometime, love it so far i just have one question. When laying down drum tracks i am only able to extend/add the beats out to 46, how do i extend them out to make a full length song? All feedback is appreciated! Thanks and happy new year!

• Like 1

6 answers to this question

I was able to enter some drum hits for a 4 on the floor beat in the Piano Roll View for 1 measure.   Converted the MIDI clip into a groove clip.  Then I extended that clip out to 408 measure .  I ended up with 408 measures of that beat.(and I could have added more)

How exactly are you extending/adding the beats?

• Like 1

The Step Sequencer View is intended to maintain Step Sequencer clips. It is not designed for creating entire MIDI tracks in a single instance of the editor.

The view has a hard limit of 64 beats.

If you project is longer than 64 beats create more than one Step Sequencer clip per track or use another MIDI editor view such as the piano roll, event list or staff view.

I suspect most Step Sequencer view users use clips much smaller than 64 beats.

• Like 1

Think of Step Sequencer as a way to create clips. Once you have a clip or clips you want to use, switch to the Track View and you can apply the usual clip operations like copying and pasting (which can be done in multiples) or converting the clip(s) to Groove Clips and dragging them out, as Promidi described.

• Like 1

Here is what I do. I either write or import a midi groove. AND this works if all you have is a short audio groove.  First make sure to fit it inside the measure lines, front and back. Right click on the clip and select GROOVE LOOP. Then grab the Right side top left and drag as much as you like. If you don't make sure of the start and stop of the clip, it will mess up.

.Have fun.