Melda New Years 50% off Everything Sale

Brian Walton

On 1/1/2023 at 6:10 PM, Bapu said:

I already own 40 Melda Plugins. My Total Bundle prices (69% off) is $707. That's under $12 each for 62 more plugins and it reads that I'll get any and every future plugin created by Melda for free.

I'm so tempted.....

You can still get one piece at a time.  Buying direct gets you a better discount.

55 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

You can still get one piece at a time.  Buying direct gets you a better discount.

Only way to get all future plugins at no additional future cost is the bundle though.  That is the theoretical advantage of going all in.  

Way outside of my price range but those who got in on it many years ago saw a pretty amazing value out of it.  Will be curious to see what is in the years to come.  I'm betting the mixing revolution concept he is working on isn't going to be a cheap $10 plugin.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

Only way to get all future plugins at no additional future cost is the bundle though.  That is the theoretical advantage of going all in.  

Way outside of my price range but those who got in on it many years ago saw a pretty amazing value out of it.  Will be curious to see what is in the years to come.  I'm betting the mixing revolution concept he is working on isn't going to be a cheap $10 plugin.  

Installing is easy one you have them all.   When you buy from them they credit 50% from their list price. I chipped away on their weekly 50% off. 

16 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

Installing is easy one you have them all.   When you buy from them they credit 50% from their list price. I chipped away on their weekly 50% off. 

Im talking about the everything bundle regarding out of my price range...I have quite a few in my collection.  

On 1/1/2023 at 5:10 PM, Bapu said:

I already own 40 Melda Plugins. My Total Bundle prices (69% off) is $707. That's under $12 each for 62 more plugins and it reads that I'll get any and every future plugin created by Melda for free.

I'm so tempted.....

And now today it is $696 🥴

8 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

The bundles also go up in cost over time as well, so the cost to on-board keeps going up with new additions. I think the MCompleteBundle is roughly $200 more on sale than when I got it (had 99 plugins at that time).

Also bear in mind that a number of multi-band plugins have free counterparts. I made an Excel spreadsheet years ago on that and didn't count the single-band ones since they are essentially dupes. Depending on personal usage, the instruments are the most expensive and one may or may not get full use from them.

• Like 2

I just went through my 3 Melda Bundles, Creative, Mixing, and the Free upgraded. 

Man there is a lot that was added that I hadn't realized. I got stuff I never knew I had. 

Gonna check out the Turbo series.  I haven't had the time to go through them all yet.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, mettelus said:

The bundles also go up in cost over time as well, so the cost to on-board keeps going up with new additions. I think the MCompleteBundle is roughly $200 more on sale than when I got it (had 99 plugins at that time).

Yikes - I hadn't noticed that! Can't really say it's unfair if it contains more plugins over time though.

On 1/4/2023 at 6:26 AM, tom said:

You know what I mean, Melda does everything across the board

Sure, a lot of developers do. Once you mentioned it, I started to think about it, Waves, iZotope, Kilohearts, IK Multimedia, Eventide, Softube, brainworx, UAD, Soundtoys, Airwindows, HorNET, Analog Obsession, FabFilter.... They all seem to aspire to be one stop shops, with multiple FX in each category.

I'm curious about what companies you think take a different approach. Wavesfactory, maybe?

I tend to take it on a plug-in-by-plug-in basis. I tend to go by my own attraction to the sound, reputation from others, ease of use and easy to stare at UI. Also I like tightly-coded stuff that pays attention to resource conservation (despite having iZotope's MPS 😆). Every manufacturer seems capable of clunkers, failed experiments and resource hogs.

As I said earlier, the more they step into the "analyze the material and apply magic processing" zone, the more wary I get, from a manufacturer of any size. I think MAutoAlign and MAutoStereoFix are in that category, but MTurboReverb, MTurboDelay, MEQualizer, MFreeformEQ are not. I was skeptical of MDrumleveler, but it turns out I get good results from it.