PRV Controller Events Editing with the Smart Tool Issue

murat k.

In the PRV, when the Controller Pane is closed, when we select a Controller Event instead of Notes/Velocity, Smart Tool is not working as it is supposed to be like Drawing Tool.

So I have to change from Smart Tool to Drawing Tool every time.

I am requesting Smart Tool to work like Drawing Tool when editing a Controller Event on PRV.

18 hours ago, murat k. said:

In the PRV, when the Controller Pane is closed, when we select a Controller Event instead of Notes/Velocity, Smart Tool is not working as it is supposed to be like Drawing Tool.

So I have to change from Smart Tool to Drawing Tool every time.

I am requesting Smart Tool to work like Drawing Tool when editing a Controller Event on PRV.

Until the bakers change this (which could be while), with the smart tool selected, the controller lane hidden, and a controller type selected, Hold down CTRL + ALT while drawing.

• Thanks 1

On 1/1/2023 at 3:17 AM, Promidi said:

Until the bakers change this (which could be while), with the smart tool selected, the controller lane hidden, and a controller type selected, Hold down CTRL + ALT while drawing.

Also, when you need to briefly switch tools, you can press the F5-10 key for whichever tool you want to use, but don't release it until you're done using it and it will pop back to the Smart Tool (or whatever tool you were using before you depressed it).

On 1/1/2023 at 6:28 AM, murat k. said:

"Do not follow Snap rules when drawing automation" because I disable Snap all the time when drawing automation.

Drawing automation already ignores snap settings. Try it. While the Aim Assist line will snap to the nearest snap point, you can place a node wherever you have the cursor. It's easier to see when you have snap set to a higher value, like a whole note.

To me, this is a bug, but it seems like for you, maybe a blessing.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

Drawing automation already ignores snap settings. Try it. While the Aim Assist line will snap to the nearest snap point, you can place a node wherever you have the cursor. It's easier to see when you have snap set to a higher value, like a whole note.

To me, this is a bug, but it seems like for you, maybe a blessing.

To be clear, when the Snap is on, the automation is drawing by the PRV snap distance.

There's no real automation in the PRV - what you're actually doing is adding MIDI Control Change events. As each control change is an individual event, the snap settings are applied to it.

You can either continue to use CC events in the PRV with snap off (which by the way will potentially add hundreds of CC events), or use actual MIDI automation in an automation lane in the tracks view.

28 minutes ago, msmcleod said:

There's no real automation in the PRV - what you're actually doing is adding MIDI Control Change events. As each control change is an individual event, the snap settings are applied to it.

You can either continue to use CC events in the PRV with snap off (which by the way will potentially add hundreds of CC events), or use actual MIDI automation in an automation lane in the tracks view.

In the PRV, events change frequency determined by event drawing resolution. In the TrackView it is controlled by AutomationDecimationMsec variable.

So actually in the Track View or in the PRV, they do the same thing for automation, both are sending individual events. 

I am requesting a preference to automatically disregarding Snap settings when drawing automation in PRV. So transitions between events will become smoother without disabling the Snap everytime.

Also we can't do everything with the envelopes: