New Year’s resolutions

Fleer

#1.  Learn ins and outs of all my modules in my modular rig.  Some are straight forward and I already know them.  Some (I'm looking at you NerdSeq) are much more involved and I need to make the time to learn them.  And some I just use very simplistically. 

#2.  Use said modular rig for even more audio that's actually released and not just some pbr sippin echopark soundcloudonly dorkjerkery.  

#3.  Get a set together with the rig involved.  I have something specific in mind.  

#4.  Sell some gear.  For really reals.  

#5.  Turn ear-breaks into ear-walk around the blocks for a little bit of exercise.  

#6.  Work less hours this year.  I worked very hard and very stupid over extended periods of time in 2022.  I'd like to reduce both.  I wasn't to blame for most of this.  

#7. Finalize the home studio updates, including upgrades to my current immersive setup.  

#8. Alphabetize my vinyl.  

#9. Talk Fleer into WUP.  

Edited by e-cue
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

26 minutes ago, Fleer said:

Number one: make music, not war. 

And some sweet love. Yeah baby. 

Resolutions are overrated.  I often wondered who started that nonsense anyway.  I guess mine would be not to buy anymore DAW stuff the rest of 2022.  Somehow this will send telepathic waves to some developer and make it challenging.   To only make it worse there will be 19 posts with the oohs and aahs to add to the peer pressure.

Those who make music spend hardly anytime on forums.   

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

After 2020 blew away my resolution to make the year one of 2020 foresight instead of 2020 hindsight, I am foregoing resolutions this year.  Lesson learned: Optimism can set up a hard fall. Better to just take each moment as it presents itself on face value.  Not really committed to that going into 2023 so its not a resolution.  

Edited by User 905133
ffixed ttypo 2023 (not 20223)
  • Like 5

Continue with this :D

And learn whats left, especially the core plugs I select to use. To that end I have started via the 60 days free usage of GROOVE3. Lots of tutes there for Native Instruments, Arturia. Special attention finally to guitar VSTs like NI Electric Starburst 

https://www.groove3.com/tutorials/Session-Guitarist-ELECTRICS-Explained

Edited by aidan o driscoll
  • Like 3

Goal number 1 - seven "completed" songs in 2023.  To be touched no more.  Ready for posting or getting onto streaming.

Goal number 2 - not buy another musical "anything" until Black Friday in 2023.

Goal number 1 is almost realistic, in the sense that I have easily over 100 well intentioned songs in various state of progress.  So the trick here is to pick seven of them and get them actually done.

Goal number 2 is much more challenging.  I would like to say realistic, but not based on my track record.

Goal number 1 isn't realistic either, based on my history of not fully completing songs - mostly due to failing at Goal number 2 and getting distracted with new stuff.

So shooting for the moon in 2023 and trying to accomplish both!

And hitting the gym.  Why not?

Edited by lawajava
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

I resolve to buy a new midi controller this year better than the MCU I had of old.  I loved that thing, but now it's time to pack it up with it's two broken faders and get an Icon QCon Pro G2 Control Surface.

I still have other things on my wish list for 2023 I want to get,  but I resolve to get the Icon QCon Pro G2. 

• Like 4