One way to solve a problem.

Notes_Norton

5 hours ago, Shane_B. said:

There's a road near me in NJ that is called Shades Of Death Rd. That sign gets stolen a lot too. 

54a8acceb612840366c0ffd187258066l-w25540

^^^ 174 Shades of Death Road. 

That's the best address that I've ever heard of.

Would also be a fine album title.

Hmmm........

Checks Omnisphere browser for creepy sounds.......

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

16 hours ago, paulo said:

54a8acceb612840366c0ffd187258066l-w25540

^^^ 174 Shades of Death Road. 

That's the best address that I've ever heard of.

Would also be a fine album title.

Hmmm........

Checks Omnisphere browser for creepy sounds.......

I wrote a song called Shades Of Death Road. I never posted it because I mever copyrighted it. I didn't want it to get passed around locally and have one of the local artists steal it. Plus I lost the master and never polished it.

There is a history to that road. Native Americans occupied that area. Settlers came and they tried to get rid of them. They chased one of the settlers daughters down that road and trapped her on a cliff. Her father yelled to her telling her to jump off so they wouldn't get her. If you look at a map near SOD Rd. you'll see Jenny Jump State Forest. That's how it got it's name.

It is a very creepy road. Goes through the woods. Swampy area near the side in one part. Always seems foggy out there.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Shane_B. said:

I wrote a song called Shades Of Death Road

For the record, I started writing one before you told me that, so I definitely didn't steal that idea from you. :)

7 hours ago, Shane_B. said:

They chased one of the settlers daughters down that road and trapped her on a cliff. Her father yelled to her telling her to jump off so they wouldn't get her. If you look at a map near SOD Rd. you'll see Jenny Jump State Forest. That's how it got it's name.

I saw that when I found the pic above and I did wonder where that name came from, so now I know.👍