Everyone's Going To Die

whoisp

On 1/2/2023 at 2:56 AM, Grem said:

Nice song. Wasn't expecting what I got!! Pleasantly surprised. 

Vocal harmonies were good. Added a nice touch.

thanx, its been sent of to a lady that's doing the vocals, its something i wrote and produced and didn't want to waste time on unless she blows it out of the park but she is also wanting to do a EDM type track 

On 1/1/2023 at 11:44 PM, PhonoBrainer said:

I got a vibe like Pink Floyd meets Morrissey, which I really liked. Cool tune, and as you said it was a bit of a new tools and vocal booth experiment. Lots of energy in the mix, I wouldn't lose that if you reshape it.

cheers,

-Tom

Cheers Tom, its been sent of to a lady that's doing the vocals, its something i wrote and produced.  If she blows it out of the park we may do something  but she is now wanting to do a EDM type track. I wanted her to do the verses with her personality and i join in the chorus, plans change   

• 2 weeks later...

Well the female vocalist sent me her stems of the vocals she did, without listening to my vocal idea and direction, she did her own. I was hoping for a work around, change the music a bit or something, however they weren't  good enough and i am not spending any time on it.

The general gist of the song is their to put a vocal down without titivating. I sent her back my vocals now, to see if it helps her but iv'e been writing couple more tunes away. One for a football team lol 

cool song whoisp! it's all good...

i think the song is mastered too hot, tho...

the utoob turns it down at least 5 db,

this might be squashing your dynamics.

i bet with a better mastering pass, even the busy drum part would pop a bit more, and maybe become perfectly intelligable.

just a suggestions, not a critique!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, batsbrew said:

cool song whoisp! it's all good...

i think the song is mastered too hot, tho...

the utoob turns it down at least 5 db,

this might be squashing your dynamics.

i bet with a better mastering pass, even the busy drum part would pop a bit more, and maybe become perfectly intelligable.

just a suggestions, not a critique!

Yes i smashed the parallel drum bus to shadow the drums to try something, if i mute the para bus on the mix the drums do pop out. i had too much gain reduction on my mix bus though, which was made worse on master, you're 100% right. I was rushing to get it sent to female vocalist, i actually didn't like the song so didn't spend much time on it because she was supposed to do the vocals and i was just messing going with the flow. 

i reminded myself of a fundamental error and part of the db drop.  i dropped the wrong audio in to the UTube video, i dropped the demo MP3 and not the master Wav.  i noticed i renamed them wrong way round because i was sending the MP3  to the female vocalist. The bigger error then appeared,  Social media videos the top end sibilance goes crazy, you get big massive loss and aliasing, this is due to  nyquist theorem with video rate  48Khz sampling and the MP3 was at 44khz which i realised after.  i did work for ITV as a tech engineer so i am totally to blame. 

1 hour ago, DeeringAmps said:

Down tempo P? Not what I expected.

IF this was the final mix (and apparently it is not), I (you) would "carve" some space for the vocal.

Looking forward to the final mix.

t

I am not sure if i am doing the final mix, the vocalist sort of let me down and i moved on to another project and will also do a totally new project with her. She wants me to do a type of EDM because shes heard my new project lol  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah....good song, interesting production, like most songs the numerous choices we make while writing/playing/recording/mixing all contribute to the final result with a few small changes yielding big differences, I like the choices you made on this one🎶🎶🎶🎶

• Like 1

This was not the song I was expecting from the title. Great song, I really like it. I might change the title if I were releasing it to something that sounds less like a threat. :) 

I really like the writing and performance, but I also totally agree with what has been said about the drums.  That busy Kick drum doesn't work well at the beginning. Perhaps if it got gradually kickier during the mix, rather than from the get-go, building up to those double kicks. 

Are you going to rework this?

• Like 1

On 1/26/2023 at 3:20 PM, mark skinner said:

Personally , I Loved your vocals on this. I for sure wouldn't hide it in a drawer somewhere like a lost museum piece.    mark

Cheers Mark, mum went in hospital derailed everything, so ive been doing little ideas and working on my templates which are coming on nice. Oh and i did the Leeds Utd track which ive been told is pretty banging (Warrior) Teams more like a damp squid though 

4 hours ago, Philip G Hunt said:

This was not the song I was expecting from the title. Great song, I really like it. I might change the title if I were releasing it to something that sounds less like a threat. :) 

I really like the writing and performance, but I also totally agree with what has been said about the drums.  That busy Kick drum doesn't work well at the beginning. Perhaps if it got gradually kickier during the mix, rather than from the get-go, building up to those double kicks. 

Are you going to rework this?

A lady was supposed to do the vocals, so i banged it together rough thinking i would spend time on it when she sent the vocals, Her vocals were terrible, was a big clash, she tried to hard and i was not there to help guide, so i never reworked it. Iv'e Did another track Marching on together  (Warrior) and done a few 1min ideas because ive been updating my templates with different styles, long job 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/7/2023 at 10:32 AM, Larry T. said:

Yeah....good song, interesting production, like most songs the numerous choices we make while writing/playing/recording/mixing all contribute to the final result with a few small changes yielding big differences, I like the choices you made on this one🎶🎶🎶🎶

Cheers Larry just dropped another song what could have gone anywhere but i left it how it was. I was going to do more vocals and make it longer but for whatever reason i left it how it was  

I have neither the musical knowledge, studio experience nor skill to effectively comment on the mix.  Plus I am a minimalist!  However, I think that you have a really good song going here and would encourage you not to drop it.  It has a very large sound (not sure how to define that -- but it is good).  The lyrics, arrangement, and vocals all sound perfectly good.  You have received many good suggestions above (hot mix seems to be a commonality) but the final product is up to you.  What were you going for, who is your target  and with what you are you satisfied.  BTW, liked the video also!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, freddy j said:

I have neither the musical knowledge, studio experience nor skill to effectively comment on the mix.  Plus I am a minimalist!  However, I think that you have a really good song going here and would encourage you not to drop it.  It has a very large sound (not sure how to define that -- but it is good).  The lyrics, arrangement, and vocals all sound perfectly good.  You have received many good suggestions above (hot mix seems to be a commonality) but the final product is up to you.  What were you going for, who is your target  and with what you are you satisfied.  BTW, liked the video also!

Thank you Freddy,  i don't know why i don't like it, i was ment for a lady singer and i was let down, so it sort of put me off because i planned my work flow and was at the start of updated.  My 3 songs tracks ive been updating my templates for my tracks, patches and buses to mastering. So iv'e been doing edm type of style with guitar, vocals, creating my own samples with a sample project template to help speed up things so i got more time for creating  at the end of my updates which i am about 70% through, Time consuming but better in long run... Maybe i will got back to it, but i also have another lady singer, who is better for my work, so things have actually working out better lol