Get rid of your studio

Pragi

On 1/11/2020 at 4:28 PM, Notes_Norton said:

I certainly don't. I make music for a living. My wife will approve any guitar I want to buy, so I don't have that safety net - In other words, I have to control myself. That's the bummer, I have no one else to blame for not getting that beautiful axe ;)

The Lester Honey Pie in your link looks beautiful. Too pricey for me though. I hope you get it and it exceeds your expectations.

I got my USA made Parker DFs for a little more than $1K US each.  I'll probably keep them for as long as they last, and they should last longer than me. One for the gig, and one spare. The only other guitar I have is an acoustic electric.

Same for saxes, one gigging sax and one spare.

And I buy at my point of diminishing returns. After a while throwing more money doesn't give that much work related value. So I skip the fancy laminates on guitars or engravings on saxes and I go for a good, solid, pro instrument without the extras. But then I have to feed more than one instrument, sax, guitar, flute, wind synthesizer, bass, drums, keyboard synth and a PA system.

Although I do OK, it looks like I'll never get rich playing music for a living. But I enjoy my life and if I had to do it over again, I'd choose the same career.

Notes

That's what I call a rich man,someone who has the freedom to do what he wants,free of to much compromises

For me ist's the first time in my life I'm able to save up 2 grand for a guitar .like the Maybach Lester.I played it 2 times and it's one of the best I ever played.

The time I made a living as a musician in my live (2years only) as a young man is long ago. There are some good instruments in my studio,like a 87 Strat,a´n Ibanez As 103 , a Dean Evo Tevo aso which all work well,but I never had the possibility to get an instrument that makes me feel like it's a body part.The Lester is doing that for me.

I know well where you are talking about when you describe the  financial responsibility for the structure of a family.

Great that you go this way.

I wish you and your family all the best .

Pete

Edited by Pragi
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Wibbles said:

You don't need to spend 2 grand on a guitar .... :D

I prefer a plain version of a bottleneck guitar,

but the bass player is unique   .

image.png.1aee4bd94477434f8d2e42b2fb8038b0.png

Jeronimo Costa (gropiuswalter) en Pinterest

pinterest.com

Edited by Pragi

On 1/14/2020 at 10:11 PM, Pragi said:

The new generation of producer does not need cables in the studio. .:

image.png.c6ce5ace1f7b7c404600f5c355facb84.png

Looks like whatever's being 'recorded' would benefit best from having absolutely no cables in the setup; including from the mixer to the DAW

• Haha 2