Get rid of your studio

Pragi

1 hour ago, Wibbles said:

I can't speak for Canada, but the becan in the UK doesn't. You can get American style becan in the UK - streaky becan - it's the cheap stuff, all fatty and horrible. The discerning gentleman will go for back becan.

To each their own.

I like the becan fatty and fried crisp.

20 hours ago, Pragi said:

Are you ready for fat drums ,Kenny ?

🤣

Good one

Speaking of drummers ,  this one has a lot going on   .

It keeps perfect time. Is a non meat eater that works a day gig in agriculture and it can even drive itself to the gig  if need be .

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz

11 hours ago, kennywtelejazz said:

🤣

Good one

Speaking of drummers ,  this one has a lot going on   .

It keeps perfect time. Is a non meat eater that works a day gig in agriculture and it can even drive itself to the gig  if need be .

Kenny

The drummer does knows how to swing.

Edited by Pragi

Notes, i guess most of the musicians dont have unlimited money to spend for instruments.

I´m  saving up more than 2000 Euro  for an e guitar over the last 3 months,I hope  in march I am ready, to get this:

https://www.thomann.de/de/maybach_lester_honey_pie_60_aged.htm

This is not  much money for many people ,I think.

Edited by Pragi

My SIL has taken up printing T-shirts and coffee mugs since she retired. She made one for my brother Steve that reads "I may look like I'm listening, but I'm really thinking about playing guitar or buying a new one".

Darn T and Y too close together.

Edited by 57Gregy
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Pragi said:

Notes, i guess most of the musicians dont have unlimited money to spend for instruments.

I´m  saving up more than 2000 Euro  for an e guitar over the last 3 months,I hope  in march I am ready, to get this:

https://www.thomann.de/de/maybach_lester_honey_pie_60_aged.htm

This is not  much money for many people ,I think.

I certainly don't. I make music for a living. My wife will approve any guitar I want to buy, so I don't have that safety net - In other words, I have to control myself. That's the bummer, I have no one else to blame for not getting that beautiful axe ;)

The Lester Honey Pie in your link looks beautiful. Too pricey for me though. I hope you get it and it exceeds your expectations.

I got my USA made Parker DFs for a little more than $1K US each.  I'll probably keep them for as long as they last, and they should last longer than me. One for the gig, and one spare. The only other guitar I have is an acoustic electric.

Same for saxes, one gigging sax and one spare.

And I buy at my point of diminishing returns. After a while throwing more money doesn't give that much work related value. So I skip the fancy laminates on guitars or engravings on saxes and I go for a good, solid, pro instrument without the extras. But then I have to feed more than one instrument, sax, guitar, flute, wind synthesizer, bass, drums, keyboard synth and a PA system.

Although I do OK, it looks like I'll never get rich playing music for a living. But I enjoy my life and if I had to do it over again, I'd choose the same career.

Notes

• Like 1

On 1/12/2020 at 2:28 AM, Notes_Norton said:

.Although I do OK, it looks like I'll never get rich playing music for a living. But I enjoy my life and if I had to do it over again, I'd choose the same career.

Notes

That’s the best life assessment tool.  Doing it the same given the opportunity to do over.