Problems connecting Roland APro 800 to new PC

JoeGBradford

I just knew this would be fun from previous experience with old PC

I have connected the APro 800 over USB. Set the midi controller inputs and outputs as detailed in the manual. Midi on the track set as Omni. No midi coming into Cakewalk from the controller keys and transport buttons do nothing. I also installed the APro  Controller Surface Plug In software from this page but other than an uninstall file there doesn't seem to be any sign of it https://www.roland.com/uk/support/by_product/a-800pro/updates_drivers/81c44b5d-6d6d-4f89-9eeb-4ce56e848573/

Any suggestions please? 

Thanks in advance

@michheld - thanks for those links - I will have a look through to see if I can find anything

@rsinger Yes it is there as an option in Preferences. I did enable A-Pro 1 when A-Pro 2 didn't work and initially got midi in from the keys but nothing from the transport.  

As well as the Control Surface Programme for Sonar this is at the Roland site and I am wondering if I need to install it - I don't recall having to previously https://www.roland.com/uk/support/by_product/a-800pro/updates_drivers/ecee5a7c-7391-435d-839b-5511031afcaa/

I will continue my investigation.

Thanks for the help so far

Progress has been made! The Apro is talking to the PC - transport and keys working. Rotaries and sliders doing something but need to look at mapping when I'm more lucid! Apro Control Surface PlugIn now showing up. The secret seemed to be to allow both Apro1 and Apro2 to be enabled on input (though this didn't work the first time I tried it!). Maybe a few restarts helped! The Cakewalk documentation is a little confusing as it tells you to enable Apro2 as an out and that is not an option - only Apro is showing. 

I'm sure they could have made it easier!

Thanks again for the help! 

• Like 1