Look Into My Eyes

bjornpdx

Look Into My Eyes

Happy New Year Cakewalk friends!

I haven't been able to break thru writer's block the last month or so.  I keep trying though.   Here's another synth project with a lot of pitch bendy arps and general off the wall sounds.
I decided to insert snippets of dialog from cheesy old movies into the project which may or may not have been a good idea.
Anyway, here it is.  Thanks for listening/comments.

-Bjorn

Zebra HZ
Trilian
Omnisphere
Diva
Kontakt

• Like 5

Well done mate. I love the vox it makes the whole thing progress and with interest. Mixing is spot on with just a little too much reverb .. in a good way. I think the weather and world is affecting all us musos ref writers block but it looks like you broke through 🤛

ATB

Steve

• Like 1

On 12/29/2022 at 7:07 AM, bjornpdx said:

Sorry can't escape this Quote thing. 

Anyway that was a real pleasure to listen to. Very, very well produced. The vox as people have said really adds something. Are the samples all cleared or public domain? 

I did feel at about half way or two thirds it could have "gone somewhere". Harmonically.  Some modulation and perhaps a more radical change of texture? But equally going too far with that kind of thing could have ruined it. Anyway thank you. 

Oh and did you know that https://store.cdbaby.com/Artist/BjornFredrickson gives a 404 error (page not found)? 

And I take it this is you? https://open.spotify.com/artist/1A1Q5P93fbFFIjbBVaasNC 

On 12/29/2022 at 7:07 AM, bjornpdx said:

Look Into My Eyes

Happy New Year Cakewalk friends!

I haven't been able to break thru writer's block the last month or so.  I keep trying though.   Here's another synth project with a lot of pitch bendy arps and general off the wall sounds.
I decided to insert snippets of dialog from cheesy old movies into the project which may or may not have been a good idea.
Anyway, here it is.  Thanks for listening/comments.

-Bjorn

Zebra HZ
Trilian
Omnisphere
Diva
Kontakt

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for the comments.   This was one of those songs that I listened to again after a few days and then think  well maybe not so bad.

Michael, thanks for the cdbaby info. Didn't know about that. And yeah that's me on Spotify.  The movie audio snippets are  public domain, at least to my knowledge.  

-Bjorn