iZotope RX 10 Breath Control Not detecting Breaths.

Bill Phillips

Question

I'm having some strange things happen and I'm wondering if anyone else might be seeing similar things. I'm mixing small project with only a few tracks and only a few plugins so far. I recently upgraded to iZotope Music Production Suite 5 and haven't had any problems with it till now. I also bought about a dozen Waves plugins during their recent sale. I mention that because I hear a lot of discussion of problems with Waves plugins mostly related to losing authorization. I've only used a few of the Waves plugins and haven't noticed any problems.

So I hadn't noticed any problems with this project until today. First the RX10 Breath Control plugin doesn't respond to a very audible breath. The only other breath control plugins I have are from RX 8 and Nectar 2. They don't work either. I opened an earlier project containing the same vocal. RX 10 Breath Control doesn't respond to the breath there either. I've opened and closed Cakewalk 2022.11 Build 021. I tried a wide range of Targets, Gains and Sensitivities.

The Nectar 3, Neutron 4, Insight 2, Visual Mixer plugins seem to be performing normally including Assistants. That was up until the Breath Control problems started. Since then the iZotope plugins still seem to be performing fine but when I open their UIs I'll get a blank screen. The UI doesn't draw. At one point Cakewalk crashed but it hasn't happened since. I plan to send the crash report

During troubleshooting I noticed a RX 10 update was available and installed it and then deleted and re-inserted RX 10 Breath Control to be sure it was the latest. That didn't help. RX 10 Breath Control still doesn't work and when I opened the Nectar 3 UI it came up blank.

6 answers to this question

3 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

That is indeed weird. I, too acquired MPS 5 during the Great iZotope Glitch of '22, so I can check out what's going on. I think a number of people on this forum also took advantage of the Great Glitch, but perhaps we haven't had enough time to give that huge bundle of FX a proper workout.

Thanks. I saw and replied to a fb post in the iZotope user group, I think, about similar problems. I'm trying to recreate the problem I had in a new project. 

As for RX 10 Breath Control, It doesn't seem to work in several projects. 

What was the 'Glitches? I upgraded MPS 4 to 5 in November, 

2 hours ago, Bill Phillips said:

What was the 'Glitches? I upgraded MPS 4 to 5 in November

There was a page on iZotope's site that was selling upgrades from Ozone 10 Advanced to MPS 5 for the low, low price of $149. I learned about it from this site's Coffee House/Deals subforum.

I bought it at that price....even though I didn't already own Ozone 10 Advanced (I did have Neutron 3). All licenses showed up in Product Portal.

I called it Schroedinger's Deal; my (tongue in cheek) theory was that since MPS 5 includes Ozone 10 Advanced, at some point during checkout the purchaser both owned and didn't own an Ozone 10 license, which ended up qualifying them for the "upgrade."

Even though I have sworn off buying more mixing plug-ins, I kind of had to get that collection of suites and individual FX at that price. Even just getting VocalSynth and Stratus/Symphony and Neoverb and RX 10 would have been worth the outlay. I've had their Elements collections and Phoenix/Nimbus and R2/R4 for years, although I hadn't used the Elements suites in quite some time. My own mixing/mastering skills finally surpassed the wizards and presets in the Elements suites and I've bought individual plug-ins that I prefer. The Exponential reverbs are simply the best I've ever heard.

A month later, things got even crazier, iZotope had a sitewide discount of 25%, which people were able to apply to that glitch deal, thereby dropping the price to $111. No regrets here; I think pulling the trigger at $149 was a wise move.

Similar "legit" deals later appeared at Pluginboutique, although not quite as generous. I think $189 to upgrade from any iZotope product.

iZotope left the page up for over a month, surely they must have known of its existence. For all I know it may still be active. Companies do odd things toward the end of the year to make the books look good. It may have been a sneaky way to extract money from cheapskates/deal hounds like me without harming their standard pricing.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

There was a page on iZotope's site that was selling upgrades from Ozone 10 Advanced to MPS 5 for the low, low price of $149. I learned about it from this site's Coffee House/Deals subforum.

I bought it at that price....even though I didn't already own Ozone 10 Advanced (I did have Neutron 3). All licenses showed up in Product Portal.

I called it Schroedinger's Deal; my (tongue in cheek) theory was that since MPS 5 includes Ozone 10 Advanced, at some point during checkout the purchaser both owned and didn't own an Ozone 10 license, which ended up qualifying them for the "upgrade."

Even though I have sworn off buying more mixing plug-ins, I kind of had to get that collection of suites and individual FX at that price. Even just getting VocalSynth and Stratus/Symphony and Neoverb and RX 10 would have been worth the outlay. I've had their Elements collections and Phoenix/Nimbus and R2/R4 for years, although I hadn't used the Elements suites in quite some time. My own mixing/mastering skills finally surpassed the wizards and presets in the Elements suites and I've bought individual plug-ins that I prefer. The Exponential reverbs are simply the best I've ever heard.

A month later, things got even crazier, iZotope had a sitewide discount of 25%, which people were able to apply to that glitch deal, thereby dropping the price to $111. No regrets here; I think pulling the trigger at $149 was a wise move.

Similar "legit" deals later appeared at Pluginboutique, although not quite as generous. I think $189 to upgrade from any iZotope product.

iZotope left the page up for over a month, surely they must have known of its existence. For all I know it may still be active. Companies do odd things toward the end of the year to make the books look good. It may have been a sneaky way to extract money from cheapskates/deal hounds like me without harming their standard pricing.

I think I paid $250 to go from 4 to 5.

Okay, RX10 Breath Control, Ozone 10 Exciter Neutron 4 Sculptor, Neutron 4 Compressor, RX7 Breath Control, Insight 2, Nectar 3, Ozone 10 Dynamics, Ozone 10 Imager and Ozone 10 all installed on one track, all UI's open correctly.

Unable to test whether either RX10 or RX7 Breath Control are controlling breaths, but at least I'm not seeing blank black squares.

This is on my Dell Latitude 7480 with Intel HD 620 Graphics. 16G RAM, 1TB NVMe SSD.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

Okay, RX10 Breath Control, Ozone 10 Exciter Neutron 4 Sculptor, Neutron 4 Compressor, RX7 Breath Control, Insight 2, Nectar 3, Ozone 10 Dynamics, Ozone 10 Imager and Ozone 10 all installed on one track, all UI's open correctly.

Unable to test whether either RX10 or RX7 Breath Control are controlling breaths, but at least I'm not seeing blank black squares.

This is on my Dell Latitude 7480 with Intel HD 620 Graphics. 16G RAM, 1TB NVMe SSD.

Thanks. I haven't been able to get back to it to try and duplicate in a new project.  BTW,  for me the blank windows are white inside the green plugin border.