noise help (solved)

pls(apologise for my english)_

i just bought a pair KRK rokit-G5 g3

all is pluged (roland quade-capture)and the sound is amazing but i get a 'noise" on both speaker,(i can hear the movement of my mouse ,keybord..ect

please help me i dont know if it is speakers(they are used but like new)

thanks

martin

Edited by martins

22 minutes ago, martins said:

pls(apologise for my english)_

i just bought a pair KRK rockit-G5 g3

all is pluged (roland quade-capture)and the sound is amazing but i get a 'noise" on both speaker,(i cant hear the movement of my mouse)

please help me i dont know if it is speakers(they are used but like new)

thanks

martin

The 'noise' can be caused by a few things, so you just need to troubleshoot and rule out some things:

1. Are you using balanced cables from your audio interface/sound-card  to your KRK's? They need to be balanced.
  2. Are you using one wall wart for all your electrical connections? Try another wall wart on another electrical circuit
  3. Do you have any LCD lighting in your studio?
  4.  When you hear the 'noise' are you recording anything or mixing?
  5.  Are any audio cables crossing or near any electrical cables? They should not be.
  6.  Check and replace all cables involved, as a faulty balanced cable can cause noise

KRK are known to be a little noise. Just do a quick search and you'll read countless occasions, but it should not be really noisy and getting in the way of recording and mixing.

As far as you saying "you cannot hear your mouse noise" That is a good thing when you are doing music production. Do you really want to hear 'click click clackety clack' when you are mixing a song or recording a song?  Check your sound settings on your PC for window sounds and set them up the way you want.

Edited by CJ Jacobson

2 minutes ago, CJ Jacobson said:

Are you using balanced cables from your audio interface/sound-card  to your KRK's? They need to be balanced.

the output of my sound card are RCA,i tried RCA-to 1\4 on the speaker and still the noise is there..

5 minutes ago, CJ Jacobson said:

Are you using one wall wart for all your electrical connections? Try another wall wart on another electrical circuit

yes (i will try that)

6 minutes ago, CJ Jacobson said:

Do you have any LCD lighting in your studio? 

no

6 minutes ago, CJ Jacobson said:

When you hear the 'noise' are you recording anything or mixing?

just mixing i just plug them this morning..

7 minutes ago, CJ Jacobson said:

As far as you saying "you cannot hear your mouse noise"

i made a mistake i mean "i can ear my mouse movement"

29 minutes ago, martins said:

the output of my sound card are RCA,i tried RCA-to 1\4 on the speaker and still the noise is there..

RCA are unbalanced, so that can be part or all your problems. It doesn't  matter if you use a 1/4" from it. It will not make RCA balanced.

im deseparate please tell me if it could be the KRK monitors???

(all of others cheap speakers dont do this noise)

If you just swapped them out with other monitors and the noise went away, there is your answer. Stay away from KRK's.  A quick google search would have  made you understand they are noisy, boxy and other things.

5 hours ago, martins said:

im deseparate please tell me if it could be the KRK monitors???

(all of others cheap speakers dont do this noise)

I have KRK6 monitors and there is absolutely no noise problem. Very first thing to do is run balanced cables. I don’t think RCA cables are balanced so that could be a problem if your interface only has RCAs out.

EDIT: I see you solved. 

Edited by Billy86