Dimension Pro attack control?

Danny

Hello,

Any Dim Pro users out there that can tell me how make a sound stop fading in? Example, I'm using the sound called Memories in Dim Pro and would like for it to hit a little more instant. Every synth I've ever used has an attack knob to solve this issue. I don't see one for this.

I've tried everything and I guess I just haven't touched the right setting yet. Can anyone help me stop the fade effect on that sound please? Thanks in advance.

-Danny

Now would be a good time for b rock to show up. Anyway here is my stab at it.

I found the Memories program. It helps to give the full DP browser path. In this case, 01 - Dimensions > Memories

In DP there is no global envelope. Each element has an amplitude envelope generator (the AMP button center right on the UI works along with E1-4 at the top of the UI) but that is only part of the story. In this program three of the elements load flac files. The flac files in elements 1 and 2 fade in so there is a limit to what the envelope generator can do. You could modify the flac files to get a more sudden attack. Be safe, work on a copy of the program and flac files.

12 hours ago, scook said:

In this program three of the elements load flac files. The flac files in elements 1 and 2 fade in so there is a limit to what the envelope generator can do. You could modify the flac files to get a more sudden attack. Be safe, work on a copy of the program and flac files. 

That could be an issue with any synth that loads samples.  You are basically stuck with the way that the sample was recorded, and as scook says, there is a limit to what an envelope can do with that.  It cannot add sound where there is none in the recording.

Edited by abacab