[BUG] Step Sequencer NRPN bug?

Quick Math

I captured a video (gif)

http://g.recordit.co/KoKaBtdrmQ.gif

I don't know when this exactly happen but when I try to draw NRPN, the position of the value shifts.

If I restart the program, it works fine again (but again this occurs if I do something)

I tried to reproduce this but I couldn't so far. I don't know why this happens.

Edited by Quick Math

• 3 weeks later...

I suspect this is down to an interaction between "Split MIDI Notes" being enabled, and splitting a step-sequencer clip:

image.png.74155e389e75453b6e047aa4f77907c2.png

When Split MIDI Notes is enabled, notes are split at the split point, and any controllers events are repeated at the split point.

However, as step-sequencer clips also rely on the position of the notes/controllers being quantized to the step-sequencer grid, you may get unexpected results if you'd split the clip at a point that is different to the step-sequencer grid resolution.

The simplest solution is to uncheck Split MIDI Notes.

It does raise the question around splitting step-sequencer clips though.  We could disable splitting step sequencer clips at any point other than the step resolution, however this might be a bit restrictive. On the other hand if we don't do this, it means that notes/controllers could be misrepresented in the step-sequencer view. 

To be honest, I'm not sure what the best course of action here is.  I'll discuss with the team.

On 1/16/2023 at 7:12 PM, msmcleod said:

I suspect this is down to an interaction between "Split MIDI Notes" being enabled, and splitting a step-sequencer clip:

image.png.74155e389e75453b6e047aa4f77907c2.png

When Split MIDI Notes is enabled, notes are split at the split point, and any controllers events are repeated at the split point.

However, as step-sequencer clips also rely on the position of the notes/controllers being quantized to the step-sequencer grid, you may get unexpected results if you'd split the clip at a point that is different to the step-sequencer grid resolution.

The simplest solution is to uncheck Split MIDI Notes.

It does raise the question around splitting step-sequencer clips though.  We could disable splitting step sequencer clips at any point other than the step resolution, however this might be a bit restrictive. On the other hand if we don't do this, it means that notes/controllers could be misrepresented in the step-sequencer view. 

To be honest, I'm not sure what the best course of action here is.  I'll discuss with the team.

Thanks for the comment!

I checked that setting of that project and it wasn't enabled.

I saved the instrument as a track template and the pattern of the step sequencer and loaded them in a new project and I could get the same bug. 

Ill try to record it and maybe I can send the project file or the pattern file.

I created a new project and load the vst instrument which is this one https://ronanfed.rf.gd/RF-Drums.html

and then loaded the patter file that I saved from the original project.

and then I could instantly get the bug. So, for whatever reasons it got buggy and the patter file also contains the information of the bug  which can be investigated?

BREAK1.ssp