How do I change the MIDI channel? [SOLVED]

tdehan

Question

I am at a loss here.  I have a MIDI track that is playing on MIDI channel 1 as a piano using TTS-1.  I've copied the the MIDI track to a new track and have edited to keep only certain notes that I want to play on MIDI channel 11 as a brass patch.  

The issue I am facing is the track that I want to play on MIDI channel 11 still plays on MIDI channel 1 instead of 11 and still plays the edited part with the TTS-1 piano patch.

How do i make this happen?

Thanks

Edited by tdehan

8 answers to this question

35 minutes ago, tdehan said:

. . . the track that I want to play on MIDI channel 11 still plays on MIDI channel 1 instead of 11 . . . 

Did you use the channel track widget to force it to channel 11? If so, did you change the preset on channel 11? 

image.png.589d2ad842943cda4625a88de3c6d4a5.png

If you don't see the channel widget, check to make sure the track controls are set to all.

image.png.a3ff9a7223f0abdd99b576548c60c646.png

Edited by User 905133
(3) to add an image of the track control showing "All"; (2) to add an image showing the channel widget set to channel 11; (1) to add a second diagnostic question

37 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

Did you use the channel track widget to force it to channel 11? If so, did you change the preset on channel 11? 

image.png.589d2ad842943cda4625a88de3c6d4a5.png

If you don't see the channel widget, check to make sure the track controls are set to all.

image.png.a3ff9a7223f0abdd99b576548c60c646.png

You lost me there.

Do you see the images I posted?  Do you see the things I posted but on your PC when Cakewalk is open, you have your project loaded and you are looking at Track View with the track you want to set to channel 11 visible? 

I'm sorry if I misunderstood your problem and what are trying to do. Apologies also if my reply was not helpful.  I will defer to someone else who can help.  

Edited by User 905133
edits

The Track Control Manager drop down is at the top of the Track Pane in the Track View. If you don't see it, you might need to change your Workspace (upper right corner) from Basic to Advanced (or None which is my preference).

You may find it easier to just go to the Track Inspector (shortcut I) rather than adjusting the Track Control Manager and track header size to be able to see all the controls. Here's documentation on track controls for all track types; very basic and essential stuff you should get to know:

https://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=Cakewalk&language=3&help=Playback.20.html

Edited by David Baay
  • Thanks 1

On 12/26/2022 at 11:45 AM, David Baay said:

The Track Control Manager drop down is at the top of the Track Pane in the Track View. If you don't see it, you might need to change your Workspace (upper right corner) from Basic to Advanced (or None which is my preference).

You may find it easier to just go to the Track Inspector (shortcut I) rather than adjusting the Track Control Manager and track header size to be able to see all the controls. Here's documentation on track controls for all track types; very basic and essential stuff you should get to know:

https://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=Cakewalk&language=3&help=Playback.20.html

Got it!  Thanks