MIDI Notes Getting Shifted Down

yoeti

Question

Hello,

At certain points during my editing, some of my MIDI information gets automatically "shifted down" for unknown reasons.  If I restart Cakewalk, or reopen my project, everything seems to return to normal.

The shift affects playback of a single track, as well as real-time incoming MIDI events from my keyboard.  

The shift is a full step down (i.e., two half-steps).

I can reproduce the problem by simply creating a new project with a single MIDI/soft-synth track, recording a few chords, and then using the space-bar to stop/play repeatedly.  After repeatedly stopping/playing by using the space bar, eventually the notes start sounding step lower.  Nothing in the MIDI track data changes.  The notes just start sounding lower.

Any ideas on what to even start looking at?  Cakewalk?  Plugin?  Something else?

It's not major, but getting really annoying..

Thanks,

Paul

3 answers to this question

After more testing, I think I've narrowed it down to a problem with the synth plugin I'm using.  I swore I saw this happen with other soft-synths I've used, but after trying again, the problem seems to follow the plugin.

Thanks for the quick responses and little tips to help me learn even more about all the little settings and where-to-looks in CW.