Using Scaler 2 in Cakewalk -- Solved

henkejs

Yesterday I installed the trial version of Scaler 2. After looking at the manual and watching some videos, I'm still confused about how to get Scaler 2 into a Cakewalk project. Can Scaler 2 be loaded as a virtual instrument in Cakewalk? The vsti shows up in the Plug-in Manager, but Scaler 2 doesn't appear in the list of Soft Synths. Scaleraudio 2 shows up in the audio FX list for audio tracks, but I've had limited success trying to get that to work as demonstrated in the videos.

Either something didn't install correctly or I'm just confused about how Scaler 2 is supposed to be configured in a Cakewalk project in order to be able to detect audio and MIDI input. Can anybody point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance.

Edited by henkejs
update

Thanks for the replies. As I mentioned, I can see the Scaler vsti and vst3i (instruments) plugins in the Plug-in Manager, but they don't show up anywhere in the virtual instruments browser even after rescanning.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Scaler 2, but the result is the same. When I get time, I'll ask in the Scaler forum and see if anybody there knows what's going on.

Thanks for following up, Glenn. I think I had an installation problem. I normally run my DAW in a non-admin user account. Most of the time, that works fine. On a hunch I decided to uninstall Scaler and reinstall from the admin account. I also disabled Windows real-time virus protection during the install. After running the Plug-in Manager, the Scaler virtual instruments showed up and could be inserted in a project as expected. Now I just have to find time to play with it a bit and decide whether to buy it while it's still on sale.

ah, i run my login as admin all the time to avoid weird installation and access issues (although a couple of apps (i won't mention sampletank) are problematic even when i'm admin...)

glad it's working! i find it to be a very useful tool when composing and getting some esoteric chords / patterns going.