Patch Points and Aux Tracks

The screenshot shows two Aux Tracks, both with Patch Point Inputs. I just created the second, Harp, Aux Track with Patch Point 4 as an input. I did this in a convoluted way. I first assigned one of the Harp track outputs to Patch Point 4 and the other to a new Aux Track. I then reassigned the Harp output assigned to the new Aux Track to Patch Point 4 and reassigned the Aux Track input to Patch Point 4.

I don't think I used the same convoluted process for the first, Mix, Aux Track, but I can't think of another way to do it. Is there another way?

The screenshot also shows Audio Tracks with Patch Point inputs. That's pretty straight forward because you can simply add an Audio Track, which you can't do with an Aux Track which, as far as I know, must be created by routing an output or send to a new Aux Track.

Are there any advantages to using Aux Tracks in lieu of Audio Tracks? Are Audio Tracks more resource intensive or visa versa?  It looks like the only difference is that an audio clip can be imported or dragged into an Audio Track. Are there any other differences?

2019-07-19.png.621ca09d9c94d9fe43ea3b86dd277e80.png

This forum automatically reduces the size of large images. This is done because users have a 50MB quota for uploaded images.

When posting full screen images, the results are rarely usable and the image in the OP is too small to read. To avoid resizing and needlessly reducing your image quota, do not directly upload full screen images or other large images. Instead, post the images to an image service such as imgur.com and embed links to the images in your posts here. Linked images are not resized and do not count against your image quota.

The only differences between creating an audio track and setting the input to a patch point and creating an aux track is the act of creating and naming the tracks. They are both audio tracks with patch points as inputs.

• Thanks 1

On 7/19/2019 at 7:24 PM, scook said:

This forum automatically reduces the size of large images. This is done because users have a 50MB quota for uploaded images.

When posting full screen images, the results are rarely usable and the image in the OP is too small to read. To avoid resizing and needlessly reducing your image quota, do not directly upload full screen images or other large images. Instead, post the images to an image service such as imgur.com and embed links to the images in your posts here. Linked images are not resized and do not count against your image quota.

The only differences between creating an audio track and setting the input to a patch point and creating an aux track is the act of creating and naming the tracks. They are both audio tracks with patch points as inputs.

Thank you for the tip. I didn't know about the image size restriction, but it makes sense. I will use links to images rather than attaching images. I usually use to OneDrive for image links.

Is the only way to create an Aux Track routing an output or send to a "new aux track" which creates a patch point named "Aux n"?