Thanks & Happy Holidays to Our Forum MVPs and All Forum Members

PavlovsCat

2 hours ago, Christian Jones said:

Happy holidays from Pioneer Square Seattle! I'm the only one on this forum in Seattle.. prove me otherwise..

Lawajava's in Kenmore or Bothell. dubdisciple is in Auburn, or thereabouts. DeeringAmps is in the South end, Tukwila maybe? I'm in Everett. None of those are within the Seattle city limits, though.

Now, there is a longtime user named jkoseattle, but I could be reading too much into that handle.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bitflipper said:

Lawajava's in Kenmore or Bothell. dubdisciple is in Auburn, or thereabouts. DeeringAmps is in the South end, Tukwila maybe? I'm in Everett. None of those are within the Seattle city limits, though.

Now, there is a longtime user named jkoseattle, but I could be reading too much into that handle.

Yeah I knew you were in Everett. Last time I was in Everett I got kicked out of a bar, some bar out there that's known for having a train track that a train comes barreling down just a few feet behind the building. In a couple years the light rail should be able to get me back out there to that bar to finish what I started.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Christian Jones said:

Yeah I knew you were in Everett. Last time I was in Everett I got kicked out of a bar, some bar out there that's known for having a train track that a train comes barreling down just a few feet behind the building. In a couple years the light rail should be able to get me back out there to that bar to finish what I started.

I want to hear that story!

I was never rowdy enough to get kicked out of a bar, but I once came early to a club my band was playing at without my license and the bartender refused to serve me even though there were posters up with my picture in them right behind where I was sitting. The bartender argued that the guy in the poster had facial hair and I didn't (I pointed out that it is possible for people to shave, but he was not persuaded). Fortunately,  someone at the bar knew the band and confirmed I was the guy in the poster and disaster was averted (I got my drink!). 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

I want to hear that story!

I was never rowdy enough to get kicked out of a bar, but I once came early to a club my band was playing at without my license and the bartender refused to serve me even though there were posters up with my picture in them right behind where I was sitting. The bartender argued that the guy in the poster had facial hair and I didn't (I pointed out that it is possible for people to shave, but he was not persuaded). Fortunately,  someone at the bar knew the band and confirmed I was the guy in the poster and disaster was averted (I got my drink!). 

I simply showed up to the bar w/ my own bottle. The more I drank from it, the less I tried to hide it. I mean I saw a guy in there eating a sandwich from Subway and I can't bring my own bottle?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Christian Jones said:

I simply showed up to the bar w/ my own bottle. The more I drank from it, the less I tried to hide it. I mean I saw a guy in there eating a sandwich from Subway and I can't bring my own bottle?

Well, the purpose of the joint is to sell that stuff. It's why we kept the BPM of songs fast -- people drank more than with slow songs. But the formula doesn't work if folks bring their own booze. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 1

Just now, Craig Fowler said:

Happy Christmas from Auckland, New Zealand! (I guess I'm the 'other' Antipodean Craig on the forum!)

I love New Zealand.  It's my favorite place anywhere in the world. Years ago, I stayed with one friend in KeriKeri and another in Christchurch. Most beautiful places I've ever been. 

• Like 1

Merry Christmas from Detroit!  Thanks to everyone (especially you, Larry) for the great deals but even more so to the group for the banter, great stories, sage advice, and occasional group gripes that make this such a great family. 

Whatever your faith or persuasion, I hope you have peace at the end of yet another year.

OK, I admit it.  I'm just procrastinating and should get back to wrapping.  Dammit.

Edited by Marc Cormier
  • Like 4

Merry Christmas from Winnetka*, California, USA, Earth, Solar System**, Orion Arm of the Milky Way.
If you need more directions than that please don't bother sending an RSVP next time.
*Next door to Lost Angeles
**There are many star systems but our planetary system is the only one officially called “solar system”

Likes - obscure poetry, long walks in the sunset, ... oops, sorry wrong forum.

• Like 2