Thanks & Happy Holidays to Our Forum MVPs and All Forum Members

PavlovsCat

A holiday thanks for everyone who makes this forum so friendly and valuable. I've been using online music-making forums since the early days of KVR and I find no other music-making forum as friendly, helpful and user-centric as this forum, and specifically, I'm thinking of the Deals subforum. 

Unsurprisingly, @cclarry is the first person who comes to mind when I think of this subforum. No one else has worked as hard at making this subforum so valuable and stocked with deals as cclarry. I've told him many times that he could stop posting deals and retire as an all-time Cakewalk Forum MVP and Hall of Famer -- the Michael Jordan of the forum. The other MVP and Hall of Famer is @Wookiee, the forum moderator. Like cclarry, Wookiee isn't paid to do what he does, but he does it better than most paid moderators, IMO. Woookie is a volunteer who helps this community out of the goodness of his heart. He keeps the forum on track, and in the rare moments when someone exhibits less than civil behavior or goes into undesirable territory, Wookiee is there to keep this community healthy and he's clearly doing a great job. If you've ever interacted with Wookiee, you know that he's very helpful, kind and considerate. I couldn't think of better qualities for a moderator, a community member -- or for a human being in general.  Beyond our MVPs, we have a community -- it's not big, but it's big enough, IMO -- of really nice, helpful and encouraging people that make this forum great. Personally, there's been a good deal of people who've gone out of their way to provide helpful advice when I ask for advice on effects plugins, on sample libraries or post a song and solicit mixing advice. 

I want to give a big holiday thank you to all of you -- whether you've shared a deal, posted a funny remark or story, shared insights,  gave a recommendation for or against a plugin or library,  encouraged someone else or taken a thread in a new direction (sure, at some forums that call that "off-topic" or "derailing a thread," but here, it's an honored tradition; we'd say something, but anyone could expose the regulars here as hypocrites in a few clicks!). Whatever you celebrate, Christmas, Hanukkah, etc., I wish you and your family the happiest and healthiest of holidays and all the best in the year ahead. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 6

Exact ... and i will add , original cakewalk forum was exellent , after the gibson debacle we were kinda in the wild and lost even if some mvp made actually alternative places ....

The challenge to create something similar is not only reached but to some extend , correct me guyz if i m wrong , surpassed .... and yep same for me , here and gearslutz  are my go to s but only one i feel at home ;) .....

Take care of you guyz and your fam ."... and make some organised noise !!

• Like 6

8 hours ago, ZokZTM said:

Beautiful place and people, love to be here and thanks @everyone !

Wishing you Inspiring and Blessed Christmas gals & guys?

Love from Finlandia! 

I really like the idea of sharing what part of the world we're from. Happy holidays from Chicago,  USA!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

A holiday thanks for everyone who makes this forum so friendly and valuable. I've been using online music-making forums since the early days of KVR and I find no other music-making forum as friendly, helpful and user-centric as this forum, and specifically, I'm thinking of the Deals subforum. 

Absolutely agree.  I came to the old CW forum about 15 years ago looking for some help.   I found a really helpful, friendly supportive bunch of folks.  I pop in here nearly everyday just to soak up the good vibes and great deals.   My thanks and appreciation to all of you for working so hard to make this place as great as it is.

• Like 2