[CLOSED] Cakewalk 2019.07 Early Access 1

Jesse Jost

Not sure if anyone else is seeing this. I'm deep into a session and I've just noticed that with smart tool selected and grid snap on and set to whole note, all my clips do not snap to the measure boundaries. I've not seen this before but it's entirely possible that this is expected behavior for some reason after some sequence of steps that I cannot remember taking. :)

This build is on the whole much more stable, even with my Focusrite Solo 2nd Gen interface (not terribly impressed with the USB drivers for this interface.) 

1 minute ago, Kevin Walsh said:

Not sure if anyone else is seeing this. I'm deep into a session and I've just noticed that with smart tool selected and grid snap on and set to whole note, all my clips do not snap to the measure boundaries. I've not seen this before but it's entirely possible that this is expected behavior for some reason after some sequence of steps that I cannot remember taking. :)

This build is on the whole much more stable, even with my Focusrite Solo 2nd Gen interface (not terribly impressed with the USB drivers for this interface.) 

Make sure your snap module is set to "snap to" instead of "snap by". Also check if you have landmarks enabled. 

Well, you beat me to it. Somehow the setting reset to "snap by", thanks for jumping on that! I always have that set to "to" and it's been that way for so long that I've quite forgotten about it.  :)

I have to look up landmarks, not sure what that one is. I appreciate it!

Loving the new Smart Tool options!    It's so much easier to fly around when arranging without needing to specifically hit on the upper/lower halves of clips.    And that's just the beginning...

• Thanks 1

• Jesse Jost changed the title to Cakewalk 2019.07 Early Access 1 (old)
  • Jesse Jost unfeatured this topic