Prompts about sound devices not checked

Laurence Levin

I got a new computer. When I come back to a project after my computer's fallen asleep, Cakewalk asks me if I want to continue using the sound from my Nvidia video card or from my desktop's external webcam. I'm using the dedicated drivers for my Focusrite audio interface. Is there any way I can stop this annoyance?

Edited by Laurence Levin

4 hours ago, Bass Guitar said:

You need to use the Focusrite ASIO driver and that should not happen. 

Yes, I do have only the Focusrite drivers chosen. 

3 hours ago, Jeremy Oakes said:

Go into Device Manager and disable any audio device  that are not your  Focusrite, such as HDMI or those from nVidia.

Then make sure in Power Options that your USB devices do NOT sleep after a certain time.

J

Well with my previous computer, I could use the internal audio device for YouTube videos and stuff and my Focusrite interface just for music projects. And I don't want to disable the audio on my webcam. 

I'll check Power Options.

Thanks everyone 🙂! Happy Holidays!

9 hours ago, Laurence Levin said:

Yes, I do have only the Focusrite drivers chosen. 

Well with my previous computer, I could use the internal audio device for YouTube videos and stuff and my Focusrite interface just for music projects. And I don't want to disable the audio on my webcam. 

I'll check Power Options.

Thanks everyone 🙂! Happy Holidays!

You should still be able to do that. I Cakewalk preferences select the Focusrite. For all the other applications that play through the Windows sound system, I have a little speaker near the right corner of the tool tray. Clicking that little speaker lets me choose the Windows speaker output. I usually pick the PC sound card SPDIF output which I have routed to the SPDIF Aux input on my monitor controller which allows me to listen to Windows audio through my monitors/headphones.

Note your new PC might have several sound cards (on graphics card for example) in addition to the one on the PC motherboard. I try to disable all those leaving me with the PC sound card outputs and the Focusrite output.

By the way your Focusrite may have a loop-back feature. Mine's too old for that. But if your's does, you may actually have two Focusrite output options, one for audio output and one for loop-back.

• Like 1