Wavesfactory Trackspacer only $29 USD

PavlovsCat

1 hour ago, Joakim said:

But it’s not the same thing as the frequency of the voice/instrument will change with the melody, You would need something like surfer eq. 

True, it's not exact. But you can approximate the range to duck with the Q on the equalizer and dynamically duck when the vocal/kick or whatever triggers it with the side-chain. It's not as "exact" as doing it with a spectral plugin, but honestly, I doubt many of us could hear the difference.  I don't think I could.  :)

• Like 1

On 1/2/2023 at 5:39 AM, PavlovsCat said:

I wasn't sure I was going to buy Trackspacer. But after all of the recommendations -- especially when people shared how this is useful for those not very practiced at mixing (Bitflipper's quote), I thought it sounded like a good fit. So thanks, everyone.

Back when I offered to do a remix of one of your songs, I knew that one of the things I'd be using was Trackspacer. I don't remember if I mentioned it in the topic in the Songs forum, but I thought the mix' primary issue was frequency buildups and collisions. You now have the best tool for taming that stuff.

Due to the informative display, setting it up and watching it do its thing has actually increased my understanding of how sidechaining and collision-elimination work.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

Back when I offered to do a remix of one of your songs, I knew that one of the things I'd be using was Trackspacer. I don't remember if I mentioned it in the topic in the Songs forum, but I thought the mix' primary issue was frequency buildups and collisions. You now have the best tool for taming that stuff.

Due to the informative display, setting it up and watching it do its thing has actually increased my understanding of how sidechaining and collision-elimination work.

Thanks for the insights, Erik. Based on the numerous favorable comments people have made about Trackspacer, and especially comments about its advantages being its simplicity and ease of use, I thought it would be a really good fit. Now I just need to learn how to use it! And now, I know that I should start with my cover of "Strawberry Fields," although I'm guessing that my cover of "I Am the Walrus" has the same issues, as both tracks contain a lot of instruments at the same time (electric piano, bass, electric guitars, strings, etc). 

• Like 2