Wavesfactory Trackspacer only $29 USD

PavlovsCat

Pluginboutique.com has WavesFactory Tracks Trackspacer  for only $29 USD.

I can use advice from the experienced mixers here. I've seen a lot of people praise this plugin and wondering if I should pick it up. 

https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/3-Studio-Tools/71-Dynamic-Processor/3259-Trackspacer

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, TheSteven said:

Download the demo & try it yourself (no snark intended)
https://www.wavesfactory.com/audio-plugins/trackspacer/

I bought it because I could see the potential - but never had a chance to really use it as family issues pretty much derailed everything else.

Thanks! I didn't know there was a demo. I'll absolutely download it. 

Love this plugin. Instantly carves away clashing frequencies between vocals and a synth. 
Careful not to put the amount too high as it can really scoop out a lot of body from the track you put it on - I usually leave it at under 10% (maybe higher if you are going for a specific kind of sound).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann said:

Ends January 3rd, I'm tempted to wait and see if there are interesting January freebies

Keep in mind that PiB is often very tardy in changing over to the new freebies, it could be cutting it fine if it ends on the 3rd.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

I was always curious about this one.  But VoxDucker came out for -$15 and I grabbed that.

Curious if anyone has compared on a few sources.  From what I gather VoxDucker despite the name has some options on the tonal spectrum it can target for ducking.

I like Track Spacer pretty well. I also picked up VoxDucker.  Great price and it's good to have alternatives.  I haven't had a chance to try it out yet, but as you said, it looks very promising with lots of options.  IMHO, UnitedPlugins mis-marketed VoxDucker by saying it was for Podcast voice overs.

PS. One thing that is so great about TrackSpacer is the UI and the workflow. It is just sooooo easy to use!

Edited by mibby
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

I was always curious about this one.  But VoxDucker came out for -$15 and I grabbed that.

Curious if anyone has compared on a few sources.  From what I gather VoxDucker despite the name has some options on the tonal spectrum it can target for ducking.

AFAIK Trackspacer is EQ-based where as VoxDucker is a sidechain compressor. But both concepts can have a great effect for reducing conflicts with instruments with concurrent frequencies.

On the other hand I am convinced that there is no way to sail round manual frequency reduction with competing instruments to achieve a great mix! Yesterday I listened to the great mixes of St. Peppers and I said to me "Hey man, your own songs are too busy! There are many great tracks, but it's too much!" I think it all starts with the arrangement and those "ducker" tools maybe great, but in the end they do not really help to solve the problem! (But I have to admit that I purchased both, 'cause there are situations where they may help 😆).

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, marled said:

AFAIK Trackspacer is EQ-based where as VoxDucker is a sidechain compressor. But both concepts can have a great effect for reducing conflicts with instruments with concurrent frequencies.

On the other hand I am convinced that there is no way to sail round manual frequency reduction with competing instruments to achieve a great mix! Yesterday I listened to the great mixes of St. Peppers and I said to me "Hey man, your own songs are too busy! There are many great tracks, but it's too much!" I think it all starts with the arrangement and those "ducker" tools maybe great, but in the end they do not really help to solve the problem! (But I have to admit that I purchased both, 'cause there are situations where they may help 😆).

I haven't done any actual analysis on it, but the VoxDucker I think is also EQ based or has an eq component with Broadband, Multiband and Spectral options.  

"the plugin features three types of ducking to choose from, each offering varying levels of transparency, preserving more of the ducked signal by focusing the ducking on frequencies present in the sidechain signal. You can easily switch between them to find which mode is the perfect fit for your situation."

25 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

I haven't done any actual analysis on it, but the VoxDucker I think is also EQ based or has an eq component with Broadband, Multiband and Spectral options.

Maybe you are right, but in the documentation they state that it is a "dynamics tool" and yes you can do some fine adjustments with the different modes and controls.

With my short, rudimentary tests with drums and bass guitar I found that it is much easier with Trackspacer to achieve satisfying results. With VoxDucker it needs some more effort, some fine tuning, but it is also effective. And by the way I also tested with TB_Compressor v4 (I read that you also own it) and side chain input and IMO you can achieve almost the same result as with VoxDucker (with Drums and Bass by all means).

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DeeringAmps said:

Consensus is this is a “must buy”?

You can do the same thing any number of ways with many different plugins, but the workflow on this one makes it the first one I reach for.  It's just so well done.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Joakim said:

Sonible smartcomp is another contender that can do spectral side chain ducking 

I should really demo Trackspacer. I grabbed Sonible smart:comp2 the other day as it's more commonly said to be better than Trackspacer, but I have heard good things about both. I do wonder if Trackspacer is lighter on CPU.