M-Blue Flare Theme (Updated for 2021.12)

Matthew White

Another Theme to add to the choices, M-Blue Flare is a dark theme with bright blue text, a blue flare effect (darker top into light then back to darker at the bottom) on most buttons and some other items, blue curved effect meter LEDs (full sized meters and ProChannel Eq flyout meters only), Faders with blue flare effect LED centre position mark and gold track faders.

Free Download here..... M-Blue Flare

A combined total of around 150 hours, sometimes much more, goes in to creating each Theme I make, then there's more time spent to update them whenever BandLab makes changes or additions to the Cakewalk GUI to ensure any changed or new items display correctly and match the Theme, I also don't make all these Themes for myself, it's more of a hobby and to share the end results with the Cakewalk Community for their use and enjoyment at no charge, Any Tips/Donations via the following link for my time and efforts in creating and updating these are greatly appreciated, however small. Thank You! ❤️ https://www.paypal.me/MatthewJohnWhite

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

Edited by Matthew White
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 5

Thanks to you and to others who have contributed themes and made insightful comments about editing themes. As of yesterday, I am new to CWxBL. My use of TTS software dates back to the '90s, but I only discovered there was a non-website-based version of BandLab yesterday.  Evidently, I didn't see the standalone version back in April 2018.

With recent vision issues (thanks to a former workplace), I have trouble reading Mercury and Tungsten--even after I make my display larger than recommended. Some color combinations are extremely difficult for me--such as light grey on either white or black/dark grey.  Other colors distract my mind--such as vibrant red/orange, neon green, etc.

I have played with the editor a bit today and understand the basics.  I have downloaded some user themes and have no issues with loading them.  I can probably figure out which parameters are which and which ones I need to tweak but only after after a lot of trial-and-error, and I just want to get on with making music--not searching for possible parameters to tweak.

So, I am wondering if you can point me in the direction of some parameters which would let me get started.  After I get these basics, I might want to tweak others, but these are the most problematic for me at the moment.

Thanks!

Edited by User 905133
Ancient image deleted - no longer relevant
  • Like 1
  • Meh 1

Hi @MusicMan11712 (aka Dr. Steve), The areas of text you've surrounded red and yellow are unfortunately not currently changeable, neither is the background of that area, only the text that appears within that displays the details of whatever is selected at the time is changeable. As I see on another post you commented on since you posted this question, you've already figured the Control Bar Tabs at the top as well as all other buttons have to be edited individually via the Cakewalk Theme Editor and using suitable image editing software, the free app 'paint.net' is fine and easy enough to figure out with some trial and error if you don't already have anything else that you're familiar with. In the previously mentioned comment on the other post you said the following 'Evidently  (if I understand the discussion correctly), it cannot be done with font/text parameters; rather, it seems that every place there is text, a new graphic would have to be created.' , Yes, that is sort of correct for most buttons and tabs but many other areas of text are changeable such as buttons or displays where the text needs to be changeable like track name, inputs/outputs etc, these can be changed in the Theme Editor with no need to paint or remake a new image. Here's a list that tells you which changes what, intended for the color customization area of the Cakewalk Preferences menu but many/most items will also appear and be changeable in the Theme Editor..... https://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=Cakewalk&language=3&help=Dialogs2.075.html

• Like 1

Thanks for the detailed reply, Matthew. The clarifications and confirmations of what can be changed and what can't (as of yet) as well as the how-to explanations are helpful.  Earlier, I used M-Titanium to search for and test drive a simple tweak using one of the "Background (collapsed)" module buttons.  Knowing that M-Titanium had those overridden was very helpful in finding the parameters/elements.  I'm not sure I like what I did or if I have the stamina to design a whole set, but it is making sense. 

Oh yeah, I used an old standby--MSPaint--mainly because of familiarity (no need to learn a new tool).   Perhaps the other graphics tools mentioned will give crisper results.

Again, thanks for the help.

Steve

Edited by User 905133
  • Like 1
  • Meh 1

• 4 weeks later...

Now updated for the 'Insert', Delete' and 'Properties' buttons in the 'Meter/Key View'  introduced in build 175, These were updated as the default buttons don't show very clearly with dark Themes, if you don't use this view (or not bothered about them being faint) you need not update.

• Thanks 1