Microsoft Office Professional 2021 - $39.99

Pluto Gabo

15 hours ago, Yan Filiatrault said:

Way cheaper price here. Company seems legit, they are buying unused licenses from third party sellers in bulk. Reviews online about this company seems to make this purchase legit:

https://royalcdkeys.com/products/microsoft-office-2021-professional-plus-key-retail-global

Does not seem to do PayPal. I don't feel good about giving them my credit card number.

• Like 1

On 12/22/2022 at 4:44 PM, pseudopop said:

Searching for "Office Professional Plus 2021" brings up a lot of sites with cheap serials, some even cheaper than $29.99.

I don't know. Something feels off here.

Not really. Seems equivalent to Musician's Friend selling deeply discounted software with a physical delivery (a code on a slip of paper inside a DVD case). The software may not be obsolete, but it is out of date, superseded by a new version, which you have to pay extra for if you want a version that gets bug fixes and feature additions.

That's where Mickeysoft gets you. I finally gave up on that model and did what MS wanted me to do all along...buy an Office 365 subscription. I use Word, Excel and Outlook. I was a heavy user of Powerpoint, but no longer need it. Never used Access or Publisher or the IMO bloody awful Note, or any other parts of the Pro Plus package. The sub price turned out to be less expensive than paying to update the three apps I still use.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, John Maar said:

That's where Mickeysoft gets you. I finally gave up on that model and did what MS wanted me to do all along...buy an Office 365 subscription. I use Word, Excel and Outlook. I was a heavy user of Powerpoint, but no longer need it. Never used Access or Publisher or the IMO bloody awful Note, or any other parts of the Pro Plus package. The sub price turned out to be less expensive than paying to update the three apps I still use.

I got it too for the TB of storage for each of us family members to use.  I use Word, Excel, Access.  Funny is that my wife still likes to use Libreoffice for her journal writing.  But for work needs she uses MS Word. 

MS has had "Home Use Programs" for years that were $9.99 based on employees needing to use Office at home. IIRC, that program ended with 2019, but I thought they were forcing 365 on everyone. I didn't realize there was anything after 2019, so these might be a return of the HUP variety.