Nectar 3 Plus

cclarry

5 hours ago, Steve K said:

This was the luckiest day of my life.  Every time somebody posts a pricing mistake here, I miss it.  Usually it is posted, caught, and corrected before I even see the thread.  

Not this time.  I saw it, and jumped immediately.  Now I'm looking at Nectar 3 Plus in my Izotope product manager that I got for a STEAL!  Plus those two ADSR freebies which I kinda wanted as well, but was waiting for a good deal to take advantage of them.  

Santa came early to my household!  Hopefully, he won't forget that he still has an appointment forSunday.

You must be living right.  :)  That's the BEST deal of the year!    Did you get Melodyne Essentials with it too?

Edited by mibby
  • Like 1

Well... not so great after all.  Just got an email from ADSR:

Dear Valued Customer,

I am writing to you regarding your recent order for Nectar 3. Unfortunately as you may have suspected there was a pricing error where the price was entered as $12.50 instead of $124.50.

We are deeply sorry to inform you that we are not able to honour this transaction as we were not authorised to make the sale at this price point. We will of course issue a full refund and have already started this process. Please be aware that all keys associated with this issue will be voided.

We would like to sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused. This was a very unfortunate error and as you can probably guess, one that we are feeling totally embarrassed about. While we wish we didn’t have to return these purchases, for both financial and legal reasons we have no choice but to proceed with a refund.

To compensate, they say they are giving me some free soundpacks and an offer on their drum machine product for the same $12.50.  Which I would probably go for if I didn't already have drum machines coming out of my ears.

The software is still working on my machine.  I already had Nectar 3 essentials; the main reason I wanted plus was to get Melodyne.  So I'm hoping that even if they revoke the Nectar 3 plus license, I'll still get to keep the Melodyne license.  We'll see.

I'm disappointed that my lucky deal didn't work out, but not outraged or upset.  I'm not going to write nasty emails back or boycott ADSR.  I think instead I'll go spend some money on the Spitfire sale.

• Like 4