New MidiFX Available

Variorum

I don't load a specific font for the controls, so they use the default Windows font for a window/control. That and the weird scaling issue makes me lean toward some kind of anomaly in the OS, but I couldn't even guess what that might be...

I'm hoping some other users will chime in so we can see if the issue is local to your machine or maybe related to some Windows update. I'm not using any unusual coding techniques for the graphics, so I 'm baffled as to why this would affect only these plugins 🤔

Ok... I think I figured out what's wrong.

Screenshot.png.e262f4fd9a7df24f012148ecb91b27c8.png

I can duplicate what you're seeing by changing Windows scaling to 150%:

ScreenshotSettings.png.31e02eaef013b987f43025a5f4979b26.png

Open Windows Settings, go to System, and check Scale and layout... Set it to 100% and see if that fixes the problem.

Apparently, I need to fix an issue with the GUIs. They don't seem to work with any scale other than 100% 😬

• Like 1

Yeah, I'm working on scalable components, but I was hoping to find a quick fix for the existing FX. Unfortunately, since I'm using MFC, there doesn't seem to be one. I can either convert to WPF or UWP or check the DPI and manually size and position the elements. Ugh.

2 hours ago, Variorum said:

Ok... I think I figured out what's wrong.

Screenshot.png.e262f4fd9a7df24f012148ecb91b27c8.png

I can duplicate what you're seeing by changing Windows scaling to 150%:

ScreenshotSettings.png.31e02eaef013b987f43025a5f4979b26.png

Open Windows Settings, go to System, and check Scale and layout... Set it to 100% and see if that fixes the problem.

Apparently, I need to fix an issue with the GUIs. They don't seem to work with any scale other than 100% 😬

Ohh

I actually checked the setting when I checked the graphic. It was set to 100% so I thought it was okay. I checked it again now, it's indeed set to 100% 🤔

4 minutes ago, Quick Math said:

I actually checked the setting when I checked the graphic. It was set to 100% so I thought it was okay. I checked it again now, it's indeed set to 100%

You're saying it's set to 100% and you still have the issue? Are you using dual monitors and if so, are they both set to 100%?

4 minutes ago, sjoens said:

FWIW they all work fine on my Win11  2-screen system at any scaling.

Yeah, I'm getting confused. Technically, it should be rendering correctly in Win10 even using MFC. Glad to hear it works in Win11! 🤷‍♂️

I'll figure it out eventually...

1 hour ago, Dave Schreier said:

In Cakewalk, with the two that use a Spline Curve - CSMultiCompanderV2 and CSResponseCurve - when closing and reopening their gui, they reset to default.

I think I've found the problem... should have a fix soon.

• Like 2

On 12/3/2023 at 7:53 PM, Dave Schreier said:

In Cakewalk, with the two that use a Spline Curve - CSMultiCompanderV2 and CSResponseCurve - when closing and reopening their gui, they reset to default.

Ok... I fixed the persistence problem with these two and updated the website. When you download the Zip file, you can just copy the new DLL file directly over the old one if you'd like.

Strange that it took a couple of years for someone to notice 🤪

The scaling/distortion issue in the plugins is going to take longer... gonna have to make some significant changes to ensure they are DPI adaptable.

On 12/4/2023 at 9:26 AM, Max Arwood said:

What is your preferred vector format?

The vector based components are still pretty far in the future. Right now I'm working on dynamically scaling and positioning all of my custom components. It'll take a lot less time 🔧

On 12/4/2023 at 8:01 AM, Teegarden said:

Really like your plugins. Never thought of asking the bakers to implement them in Cakewalk/Sonar?

I'd actually have to do some QA testing and add a lot of error checking to the code  before any of these would be ready for any kind of commercial release 😜

• Like 2