AAS Annual Freebie

scook

On 12/25/2022 at 9:59 AM, Technostica said:

Seasons greetings to you all. 🙏

Would someone please advise on compatibility as I have String Studio VS-2 and it's not clear whether some of them will only work in preset mode with VS-2.
For example Journeys states the following:

What’s included with my purchase
128-preset pack for String Studio VS-3

Compatibility
Compatible with String Studio VS-3, String Studio VS-2, and the free AAS Player. Created with String Studio VS-2, but remastered for String Studio VS-3 with added performance macros.

Works two ways
Journeys was created with the String Studio VS-3 string oscillator synthesizer. You can obviously play and edit the sounds in String Studio VS-3, but you can also access and play them via the free AAS Player 

That's a bit vague to me.
Anyone still sober enough to share a coherent response! 😁

I have 2 or 3 expansions for String Studio VS-3 that I use on VS-2 including Masala 1 and Journeys. Works fine

• Thanks 1

On 12/25/2022 at 12:59 PM, Technostica said:

Seasons greetings to you all. 🙏

Would someone please advise on compatibility as I have String Studio VS-2 and it's not clear whether some of them will only work in preset mode with VS-2.

With chromeaphone 2, the latest sets only worked as "presets" in AAS Player, but those originally mastered for Chromeaphone 2 still worked. One way to check is to look at the press section https://www.applied-acoustics.com/press/ . Anything after VS-3 released was released in 2018 would only work as presets (ie, String Theory, Fear Within, Masala 2).

So "stranger strings", "masala", "aftermath" etc should work with VS-2. Of course, the macros added for VS-3 wouldn't be exposed.

4 hours ago, Jason Neudorf said:

With chromeaphone 2, the latest sets only worked as "presets" in AAS Player, but those originally mastered for Chromeaphone 2 still worked. One way to check is to look at the press section https://www.applied-acoustics.com/press/ . Anything after VS-3 released was released in 2018 would only work as presets (ie, String Theory, Fear Within, Masala 2).

So "stranger strings", "masala", "aftermath" etc should work with VS-2. Of course, the macros added for VS-3 wouldn't be exposed.

Thanks. It is very clear that the latest ones only work with the current versions of the plugins and the Players, it was the remastered ones that weren't so clear to me.
It turned out that I already had a remastered one, so I was able to confirm that it worked.
Very inspiring I found it also.

3 hours ago, Zo said:

Dead line ?

I remember once missing this gift, and sometime in June I wrote an email to their staff, and they honored the gift,  I'm not sure if that would happen again, but AAS has excellent customer support.  Therefore I own everything but LL EP 4, CV1, String Studio. and about 3 sound packs.  Great stuff that AAS.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Jesse Screed said:

I remember once missing this gift, and sometime in June I wrote an email to their staff, and they honored the gift,  I'm not sure if that would happen again, but AAS has excellent customer support.  Therefore I own everything but LL EP 4, CV1, String Studio. and about 3 sound packs.  Great stuff that AAS.

And they are based in Montréal,  my home town. I know it doesn't mean anything, but it's nice to see a good company from your neck of the woods succeed.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Jacques Boileau said:

Stop, you are making me hungry!

Trudeau !!  isn't even better ? ahahhaha 

Yep i had contact with them and it's for me one of the coolest guy in the industry indeed !! knowing a lot of tabernacle , i'm not suprised , Canadian are indeed super chill !!

Edited by Zo