My Las Vegas Trip

cclarry

43 minutes ago, cclarry said:

It was quite the experience Pav!

I had every photo and video tagged and described.  Took me 4 hrs...and Fakebook wouldn't save it!
I'm not doing it again LOL!  

That sucks about Facebook. But the part that matters most is that you had a great time. Thanks for sharing and I'm looking forward to hearing more (either here or in some PMs). I'm hoping you go on the other trips you're thinking about too! 

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Kal Elle said:

First pics show the room you stayed in?

That's a whole apartment!

How much the trip was?

Yes, that was my room at Bally's (now the Horseshoe) and it was 1,500 square feet!
My room at the Rio was 1,100 Square feet!  I stayed 3 nights at Bally's and 2 nights at the RIO.

My roundtrip Airfare from Detroit and Hotel were $300, but you also have to pay resort fees that vary by property
from $40 a night to $50 a night, AND you have to also pay a $50 to $100 a day "incidental Deposit" up front, but you get that deposit
back after you check out.  So technically for 5 nights stay and roundtrip air it was $300 for air and hotel,  and $225,
in resort fees, for a grand total of $525.  Meals and shows are extra obviously, but I planned everything out so all of the
attractions I saw, and all the bus tours, were a total of $200, with a regular value of
well over $600, using what's called a "GoCity" pass, which gives you access to most attractions and you also get to 
choose 1 premium event ( I chose the Bryce Canyon/Zion National Park bus tour - which is normally $300) and all the other
things that I did (the Hoover Dam Tour, the Marvel Exhibit, The Hop On/Hop Off Bus Tour, The King Tut Exhibit, the Hunger Games Exhibit, The Eiffel Tower 
Observation Deck, the High Roller, and a few other things (these things are normally $30 to $50 or MORE EACH!)) were all included
for FREE!  You also have to factor in Transportation to and from the airport, and getting around Vegas using either the City Bus
line, Uber, or walking.  All in all I spent about $1,000 for a 6 day 5 night vacation to Las Vegas and was NON STOP busy the entire
time, and it was DEFINITELY worth EVERY PENNY!

EDIT: I forgot that I also saw Chris Angel Mindfreak AND the Comedy Cellar at the RIO for about$30 for BOTH TOTAL,
and just Chris Angel's show was over a $100, and Comedy Cellar was $50!  I also paid $50 for the "Tournament of Kings" Show
at the Excalibur, which included dinner, which was a whole Cornish Game Hen, Baked Sweet Potato, Ear of Corn, and a Roll, 
and a huge sugar cookie for dessert!  The shows were all great too!

It was a BLAST!

Edited by cclarry
  • Like 8
  • Great Idea 1