Issue with Registration

King Burton

Question

Just updated Cakewalk to latest version. Went to > Help > Refresh Registration and successful.

Five minutes I have to do it again. Am I overlooking something?

--------

After further review, clicking on the refresh tab gives activated notice, HOWEVER it doesn't actually activate. Did the offline process but no luck there either.

Edited by King Burton

6 answers to this question

That's pretty weird, I've never seen anything like that. If it's going to fail, it'll fail trying to talk to the server.

This sounds like a permissions thing or an antivirus thing, where something may be being prevented from being updated. Are you running anything like that? Even Windows Defender? Try disabling it and see what it does - it might be trying to be "helpful" for you.

Did.  Explained what I had tried so far. They recommended doing it again. sigh. No uninstall option so had to brute force delete, scrub registry, then re-install. Still acting quirky. Shows all my vsts instruments. Midi track shows active but not sending to the audio track. So no sound.

I guess it's a special feature.

6 hours ago, King Burton said:

Midi track shows active but not sending to the audio track

It wouldn't be sending anything to an audio track, but to a soft synth you inserted and directed the MIDI to, which is then output to an audio track.
Unless that's what you mean by 'audio track'.